OpenGL support in different compilers

I currently use DJGPP as my compiler (but I have MSVC++ and BCC), and I use Allegro. I want to get into OpenGL, but only if I can use it with DJGPP or Borland (BCC), because I like them (especially DJGPP). How would I go about doing this, if at all possible?

Have you checked out Paul’s website on the tutorials page? http://home.clara.net/paulyg/ogl.htm

Greg

I successfully used Borland free compiler. The only thing to do is to create a .a file for glut32.dll and glut.dll (with the tools provided implib, check help), and pick the GL headers somewhere…

I was unsucessfull yet with minimum GCC port on win32 (mingw32)…

MC could you go through the steps on how to compile ogl code with the free Borland Compiler??

Much appreciated,
glfan.

I tried to follow the instructions on paul’s website but I can’t get it to worrk

Hi !

I’m using Borland 5.02 , with no problems!

glfan>

1- Get the tools

2- Find gl.h and glu.h and glaux.h I picked them at work from VC6.0. But you could find them at microsoft’s web site under the platform SDK. Put them in <bcc path>/include/GL/ subdir.

3- Get precompiled glut32.dll and glut.dll on the web (official beta3.7 site got them) and also glut.h (put glut.h in GL subdir)

4- run implib.exe tool to create a glut.lib and glut32.lib (see the helpfile). Put them in <bcc path>/lib/

5- compile!

6- if there is undefined reference add to the compile line some of this commands: -lglut -lglut32 -lglu -lglu32 (it tells the linker to use the .lib files). It is better to use a Makefile to have simple compile command