OpenGL SuperBible sample programs don't work.

I bought a copy of the SuperBible and was really excited about the prospects, but I’m finding that no matter what computer I attempt to run the code on, new or old, 95 or 98, glsetup driven or not, I get weird errors with all the tutorial programs.

For instance, I can’t get any of the textures to show up on the bitmap generator that is demonstrated on the cover. On the terrain maps, I can’t get water to show up properly. And one of the terrain maps, 10 I think, gives me a “No OpenGL.dll” error.

I have tried this on my 1Ghz Athlon at home with a Geforce 2 Ultra noticed by glsetup, I have tried this on a 266 P2 with an unidentifiable card at work, and a couple of other random computers that didn’t know WHAT to do with some of the stuff… Has anyone else run into this problem?

Is it 1st or 2nd ed.? I have 2nd edition examples running on a machine very similar to your athlon.
Joe

2nd… it’s baffling… some elements work perfectly, some don’t.

Originally posted by Scarab_Wes:
[b]I bought a copy of the SuperBible and was really excited about the prospects, but I’m finding that no matter what computer I attempt to run the code on, new or old, 95 or 98, glsetup driven or not, I get weird errors with all the tutorial programs.

For instance, I can’t get any of the textures to show up on the bitmap generator that is demonstrated on the cover. On the terrain maps, I can’t get water to show up properly. And one of the terrain maps, 10 I think, gives me a “No OpenGL.dll” error.

I have tried this on my 1Ghz Athlon at home with a Geforce 2 Ultra noticed by glsetup, I have tried this on a 266 P2 with an unidentifiable card at work, and a couple of other random computers that didn’t know WHAT to do with some of the stuff… Has anyone else run into this problem?[/b]

This might not help (that is you may already know this) but the examples will not run “out of the box”. There are some missing bmp files. See: http://www.starstonesoftware.com/OpenGL/errata_2nd_edition.htm

I’m still having issues… has anyone else found that the Chapter 18: Terrain 10 program won’t run properly with the land.bmp file provided in the errata. Additionally, the sky ends up looking likes a prism. I’m confused.