OpenGl on Windows XP Prof.

Hi There,

Hope you can help me. I just found out a problem when I wanted to play Quake 3 Arena, no OpenGL. When I installed one it didn’t work with the message : Only works on W95 or W98. What to do ?? Can you send me a driver or something from OpenGL that works on Windows XP Prof. ?? Please ?? Thanx… Greeting Develin_20

First you need to understand is that the video drivers for opengl are made by the video card maker.
You need to go to the web site of the maker of your video card, and see if they have windows XP opengl video drivers.

From the openGL main page:

• OpenGL works great under WinXP and Win2K (as well as all other versions of Win32, Unix and Mac OS). But you need a new 2K or XP-compatible driver for your video accelerator board. Each manufacturer makes their own video drivers so you need to contact them directly and ask them for a WinXP or Win2k OpenGL1.2 or 1.3 driver for your particular video card.

Originally posted by Develin_20:
[b]Hi There,

Hope you can help me. I just found out a problem when I wanted to play Quake 3 Arena, no OpenGL. When I installed one it didn’t work with the message : Only works on W95 or W98. What to do ?? Can you send me a driver or something from OpenGL that works on Windows XP Prof. ?? Please ?? Thanx… Greeting Develin_20[/b]