OpenGL lockups with Radeon 9700 + schneider digital driver

The title says it all, I’m using the glx1_linux_X4.2.zip driver from http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/download_ati.html with XFree86 4.2.1, kernel 2.4.21, and an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 9700 Pro.

I’m getting consistent lockups with any OpenGL application (windowed or fullscreen). Any ideas? Anyone experiencing similar problems?

I’ve heard this can happen with motherboards that use a Via chipset. It’s not supposed to happen with Intel chipsets, though.

I’m using the ASUS A7N8X-X motherboard w/ an AMD Athlon 2500+ CPU (Barton core).

And yes, I do have it overclocked, but I tried it clocked normally and still had the same results. Also, it runs perfectly stable overclocked under Windows XP so I don’t think that’s an issue.

Maybe an issue with the Nforce drivers from NVIDIA?

in kernel 2.4.22, agpgart has support now for nvidia agp on nforce 1 and 2. try loading the kernel’s gart support and tell the ati driver not to use the builtin fglrx agp driver and see if that helps

Dan

You’re the man Dan!

Did a bit of web searching on the various XF86Config options for the fglrx driver and found this little gem:

Option “UseInternalAGPGART” “no”

Put that in the “Device” section and now my OpenGL apps are working like a charm. So good to see Unreal Tournament 2003 running smoothly under Linux…

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.