OpenGL - Laptop - Linux

Hi, I am in the process of buying a laptop that must have hardware support for OpenGL under Linux. Most laptops today seems to some kind of ATI Mobility card and only a few of them an nVidia card (Dell D800) that colleagues of my have good experience with.

However the D800 weights over 3 kg and I am looking for a much lighter one (2 kg if poosible) with OpenGL hardware support.
Any good ideas out there? and if there are any please include an url to the driver.

/swarm

I personally have an IBM Thinkpad T40. Its a great laptop, its light sturdy, runs great under linux and does everything I want. My model cames with the ATI radeon 7500 and I must say its not that good, my old geforce 2 mx did much better. I have seen other models that come with the FireGL and newer radeon models that should do better though. I know ATI gives out those drivers on there web site. You may want to look into a Thinkpad. Also keep in mind that they with centrino there are no native wifi support. Only emulators.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.