opengl is too dark in unreal tournament

can someone explain to me why opengl is always so dang dark?! quake3arena is dark, and i found a gamma hack you put in the .cfg to fix that, but i’m having trouble running unreal tournament on my new gladiac geforce2 under d3d. so, i used opengl instead and it plays great, but too dark to see. does anyone know how to fix this?

In quake3, Under system, or options… ( I forget witch one ) then under video, their is a gama or light control… Just increase it, and that should take care of your problem broham!

Yes, there is a fix (and more effective than trying to crank up the monitor/display brightness). There is a file called “Windows OpenGL renderer for Unreal Tournament” that contains a “OpenGLDrv.dll” file and instructions for using it in UT. It works wonders. Not sure where to download, but maybe I could email it to you if you like. If anyone knows a spot to grab it from, that would be preferred.

Troy Jones
tjonespc@hotmail.com

Originally posted by yancyw:
can someone explain to me why opengl is always so dang dark?! quake3arena is dark, and i found a gamma hack you put in the .cfg to fix that, but i’m having trouble running unreal tournament on my new gladiac geforce2 under d3d. so, i used opengl instead and it plays great, but too dark to see. does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks a lot! you’re a lifesaver. please do email that to me.

yancyw@conectiv.net

Originally posted by tjonespc:
[b]Yes, there is a fix (and more effective than trying to crank up the monitor/display brightness). There is a file called “Windows OpenGL renderer for Unreal Tournament” that contains a “OpenGLDrv.dll” file and instructions for using it in UT. It works wonders. Not sure where to download, but maybe I could email it to you if you like. If anyone knows a spot to grab it from, that would be preferred.

Troy Jones
tjonespc@hotmail.com

[/b]

here’s what i used to fix quake3. thanks for the advice. see what you think. worked wonders for me.

yancyw

Quake III Arena brightness hack:

Use Vertex lighting

Edit Quake3.cfg:

change: seta r_gamma “2.5”
add: seta r_ignorewgamma “1”
change: seta r_overbrightbits “0”

Originally posted by cpu2kmhz:
In quake3, Under system, or options… ( I forget witch one ) then under video, their is a gama or light control… Just increase it, and that should take care of your problem broham!

THIS SHOULD BE IT!!!
http://www.utclans.org/pc_articles.php

reg…toffy