OpenGL - graphics card

Is it safe to assume that OpenGL will work on all (may be most of) PC (including laptops) with Windows XP (home or professional) from major vendors (HP, DELL) ?
I tested my implemention on 9 laptops and 4 desktops. But my OpenGL behaves differently on one laptop and one desktop with the same display properties.

Is it graphics card related problem?

-OGL

What card is present in those computers? Quality of the OGL drivers from vendors like S3 or XGI is ussualy terrible and the drivers contain many bugs.

As always, machine independent coding is hard to achieve.

I found the solution for the problem of my desktop by using GDI for one window and OpenGL for other windows depending on the type of the drawing though I did not mention the problem in my first message.

So, only one left out of 13 machines.
The graphics card of the Laptop is Mobility M6 (LY) with Windows XP Home SP2 from HP.
I found a couple of report regarding the video card and OpenGL from the web. Nothing conclusive was found.

I am thinking of updating the driver.

Any slight hint will be very much appreciated.

-OGL

Finally found it’s a problem of resolution.
HP manual recommends 1024 x 768 for VGA which is the laptop’s monitor. It worked fine with the resolution. The manual says it will work with SVG+ (1400 x 1050) which is far below the resolution of my external terminal where my application stops working properly.

Graphics memory is 16M which is much more than needed (1400 x 1050 x 32(color) /8 = 6MB.
Refresh rate(60HZ) might be also related to this.
Do not understand.

Could you help me??

Graphics memory is 16M which is much more than needed (1400 x 1050 x 32(color) /8 = 6MB.
you’ll probably want to use double buffer (+32 bit) and depth buffer (+24 bit). 1400 x 1050 x (32+32+24) = 16 MB.