OpenGL for my quake3 on linux

hi… i have some problems with opengl on linux… i have mandrakelinux 10.1 full… xD opengl is allready installed but it give me a msg :
– R_Init -----
…loading opengl32: QGL_Init: Can’t load opengl32 from /etc/ld.so.conf or current dir: /usr/local/games/quake3/opengl32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
failed
…loading libGL.so.1: Initializing OpenGL display
…setting mode 3: 640 480

that directory is there with that ****ing files… grrrr… i can not play… please help… i really need!!!

This message is not the cause of the error. It’s expected that the opengl32 library is not found. It loads the libGL library correctly after that. Without more information it’s unlikely you’ll get any useful help.

Btw. this is a developer forum. Please post to the End User / Gaming forum next time…

most dirty trick is to add the directory that file resides in to your /etc/ld.so.conf and running ldconfig afterwards. you can also use a bash variable overload trick but i always forget the correct variable name (as it is yet another dirty hack ^_^). something along the lines of ‘LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/my/path/to/opengl32 quake3’ . google helps.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.