OpenGL Discussion boards upgraded

I am getting an error that doesn’t appear to effect anything. On the main index, it says “Error on page” at the bottom, and when I click on it for more information, I get the following (copied by hand since it wouldn’t let me copy & paste, may be typo’s):

Line: 180
Char: 2
Error: ‘document.getElementByID(…)’ is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: htp://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

Definitely an IE thing.

Don’t see it in Firefox, but the menus up top won’t close when I click away… :wink:

Firefox : For the top menus, I have to point the mouse on the above OpenGL banner to make them close.

When working behind a NAT, I had the same message as the one mentionned at the end of this post, “the host from which you are accessing the board is not recognized as a valid host.” :
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=229734#Post229734

Something about missing the referer forwarding ? What is the actual problem ? Can it be fixed on th boards, or on my local machines ?

Hi all,

Working on replacing the menus. Hopefully this week. Just that time issue thing that keeps getting in the way :slight_smile: We know the issue though and have a solution!

Hi all,

I have updated the menus on the main site and on the forums. Tested on Windows and Mac on various browsers (Safari, FF(win), FF(mac), IE6, IE7) and all seems spiffy here.

Seems to work perfectly. Only the colors need a bit tweaking, in my opinion, to fit better with the rest of the design.

Jan.

Agreed. All is lovely here, but could sure use a splash of cyan blue. :slight_smile:

Which could use the cyan blue? The forums or the menus. The menus are pretty close to what was there before. The forums are a wee bit on the reddish blue side yes.

Nice :slight_smile:

About the colors, well, I think they are ok.

Maybe the drop down menu have a color that fits well on the homepage, and a bit less well around the forums. Anyway I don’t think it matters so much.

I meant the menus. I like the colors of the new forum very much. The old menu had similar colors, which were great, too. The new menu has a bit of a different color tone (don’t know how to express that), i think it should be a darker blue (now it is more a turquoise).

Jan.

I had a hankering for more of a blue-cyan forum like the menus and the rest of the site. I really dig the colors alone too but the 2 slightly different blues together are wigging me out a little…

Is it me or are the menus broken in IE7 now?

Am i the only one who wonders, why there are half as many registered members as there are topics?

So on average every member has created two topics.

Though deleting inactive members might become quite a difficult task (define “inactive”…).

Jan.

Can the quotes and code boxes be enlarged, please?

Aye, that would be heartily appreciated.

Can the quotes and code boxes be enlarged, please?

Agreed. The scrolling is great, but having it be a decent size to begin with would make it even better.

1. The Time-zone offset edit box on the “My Preferences” page only allows 3 characters to be entered.
    South Australia has a weird half-hour time zone so i need to enter 16.5, but i cant.

2. The “Max Online” date in the Forum Stats in the right colomb is always listed in a strange month-first format instead of the format selected in “My Preferences”.

Minor nitpick, in the search page it selects “Date Range” by default of 1 week.

It took me a while to figure out why I was not getting any results.

Perhaps a better default would be the “blank” selection for all “Date Range” boxes.

I can’t see the new forums very well. The colors do not have enough contrast to be clearly visible.

The default search options only searches within the last week. It is very annoying to have to switch it every time I search for something.

Some more minor nitpicks:

When viewing the OpenGL man pages the menus are displayed under the page: (using firefox)

http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man/

Also, there is a bug in the man page on glBlendColor,
http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man/xhtml/glBlendColor.xml

This feature was made core in OpenGL 1.4 - but Thre manpages states:

“glBlendColor is part of the ARB_imaging subset. glBlendColor is present only if ARB_imaging is returned when glGetString is called with GL_EXTENSIONS as its argument.”