OpenGL causing problems

Hey there

So just these past few days I’ve been having some trouble with programs that ran fine before not opening, and I’ve noticed they’re all programs that use OpenGL to some extent. I’ve updated my graphics card driver to no avail. Any thoughts on how I could fix this? Also, I’ve run this tool: http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/ to try and see what’s going on with OpenGL and it give me the message:

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at openglex.Win32.oevClientInitialize
at openglex.oevDetect.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

I’d really appreciate any help anyone can offer.
System info:
ATI Mobility Radeon 5650
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5

Problems of this sort often happen because of interference by some other program or spyware or malware. It is highly unlikely that any files got corrupted because of the physical state of the hard drive. You can always perform a disk scan.
Then try to move opengl32.dll out of the SYSTEM32 folder. Windows should detect and replace that file automatically.
As a last resort, you can try a system restore.

Okay, I’ve moved opengl32.dll, but Windows doesn’t seem to be doing any replacing. Is there anything I can do to prompt it?

I guess there is some difference between WinXP and Win 7 :slight_smile: