OPENGL BASED GAMES CRASH!!

Hello there friends.

I am another user who tried EVERYTHING and nothing was helping me out.

I have AMD 2600+ and Radeon 9800 and Asus A7V8X motherboard.

When i play any OpenGl game it hang ups after 5sek -20 mins… When i play warcraft 3 i can play about one minute…

Is there any help for us…?

Thats not the heat problem… all demos for radeon 9800 works perfectly (Direct X 9.0)

Im having the same problem Guys, one thing I am having the same problem with game lock up, most common on blizzard games i might add, but I noticed that we all seem to have in common is that we all have athlons, im no guru on computers but could the processor have anything to do with this?

Im running:
2000+Athlon Xp
512 DDR ram
Geforce 4 Ti4400

I’ve been having problems with Q3 engined games as well: after 10 to 20 minutes of play (on- or offline) or watching demos, the screen would freeze and I could do nothing else then reset the PC.
What was odd is, I could still hear my teammates speak on teamspeak2 (voice program).

[Just to be complete: what started it all was, I needed a third hard disk. The guy at the PC shop fried 7 hardware items instead, I needed a new motherboard, graphic card, hard disk (2…), dvd player, network card, soundcard…]

After I had all the items I began installing everything again. Fortunately I have lots of backups, no problems there.

Now this problem came, freeze in game…
I tried all of the following: disable soundcard in bios (onboard sound), underclocking cpu, underclocking vid card, change AGP 8x to 4x, install other vid drivers (also the ones that always worked fine on my old vid card), upping the voltages in bios just a bit, set adjustable cpu fan to max, run memtest=ok, run sisoftsandra=ok, etc…
Still the same problem and if you have to reset 4 times during a single game, I can tell you it annoys the hell out of me…

I forgot to install the mouse drivers, did that. At a point I wasn’t sure I installed the vid drivers with firewall and antivirus closed, so did that too.

Old setup + (new setup in brackets):
Gigabyte GA-7VRXP motherboard (MSI MS-6590)
Leadtek Geforce 3 Ti 200 (XFX Geforce FX 5600)
Soundblaster Live (AC97 onboard sound: C-media 8738MX)
512 DDR333 (same)
30 + 60 GB harddisk (30 + new 120)
Windows ME (same)
AMD 2000+ (same)

It’s not a good sign so many people have the same problem…

all too farmiliar…

I have the same problem and its driving me nutts… i ve tried other graphics cards and the same problem occurs… ive found that texture detail increases the problem for me, and if i use a Gforce2 instead of an fx card it takes longer for the fualt to happen. after its happened, it usually will go within seconnds or up to ten minutes of play. Done the Usual… reinstalled… reseated processor… and replaced conductive gel… 2 years old. replaced memory… Havn’t replaced power supply… but voltages are reported as ok.

I dont get a blank screen… i jump to desktop… sometimes the game will not load back up… and i get the occasional reboot. i have had some freezing… for about 5 - seconds too. Mohaa and spearhead. the CoD demo also freezes with a recusive sound loop playing… or jumps to desktop.

I havnt tried any direct 3d stuff… i dont think… But 3dmark03 also jumps out…various stages… i will try 3dmark01 with my gforce2 and post my findings too.

I thinking motherboard component? but cant be sure… My cards work fine in my other machine.

ted

I have had the same problems. I initially formatted Win XP Pro three times, disconnected from the internet (no spyware, disabled Antivirus, etc. and clean installed to ensure that there was no spyware present. I had:
AMD 1900XP
Soyo Dragon Plus
1GB Mushkin 2100
Ultra 160 SCSI 36GB x2, 9GB x1
Jaz 2GB
Adaptec 39160 card
Gainward Ti 4600 XP/128
Philips Acousitic Edge
Plextor CD-Rom SCSI
Plextor CD-Rw SCSI
Lian-Li case, modded (never gets more than 10-15 F over ambient in there)
WinXP Pro, fully patched
MOHAA
BF 1942
Diablo 2 LOD
Unreal 2

I don’t really overclock much, and I came to the conclusion that my SCSI card was too picky, and that’s why games were suddenly crashing left and right. I decided to go with a new set up (yeah, the SCSI gear is in a box, any offers?). I bought-

P4 2.6C 800
Asus P4C800-E mobo w/875 chipset
1GB Mushkin 3500 Stage 2
SATA 36GB 10k x 2 Raid 0
SATA 120 storage HDD
Lite-On 52X CDRW
same video card
same sound card
same case

Well, after all of the patching and pain, guess what? SAME PROBLEMS!!! I borrowed a friends 9800 Pro to see if that would be the solution, but noooo… I had disconnected the sound card in rig #1 and #2 and used no sound, on board sound, and the Philips, and I had the same results each time. This is really peeving me beyond words…no one has a solution. The Nvidia OpenGL thing doesn’t work…I loaded a fresh copy of WinXP on my 120 GB drive just to be a testing drive…I’ve reformatted/reimaged that 4 times, too. I’m pretty good at this stuff (I will be showing my age, but I started playing games when they were loaded from cassettes…I know about conflicts (IRQ, etc.) and they aren’t there. I need some help before you see me on some bridge…ANYONE? Nvidia? Microsoft? Intel? Blizzard? EA?

I can run AquaMark and Futuremark 3DMark2003, so what gives? Help?

I get my OpenGL games shutting down the same way : Jedi Academy, Wolfenstein ET, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2 … have encountered a problem and must close . You should report this to Microsoft ( Yeeeeees, of cooooourse ! ), after 2 seconds to 2 hours ; I have not understood again on what depended this time. Apparently, the texture quality is important, but not determining .
But on Half-Life and Unreal Tournament 2003, it works very fine !

I changed my graphics drivers ( nvidia 4403, 4523 and 5208 ), still have the same problems . My graphic card is a GForce 4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X .
Resetting the BIOS changed nothing .
It’s not a overheating problem .

Apparently, a lot of guys suffer this problem … The only valable explanation would be a problem between OpenGL and XP, but I have doubts about it …

Please, help ! ( remember Lilu in the 5th Element … )

Same problem here. With a Diamond Viper V550 Quake 3 runs OK, but with a GeForce 2 GTS the game runs smooth in the beginning, but then starts to gitter and suddenly crashes (not to desktop, but fatal). I’m running Windows 98 on a pentium 2 400 MHz, but the problem lays with the Geforce, 'cause the Viper does work. Seems to be OpenGL related, but does somebody know how to fix it…?

Well, sony have given me some feedback on this, they told me to update my motherboard chipset drivers…www.viaarena.com they have a 4 in 1 driver. the latest driver includes support for AGP 3.0… previous versions did not.

I Am now convinces that the problem is network or protocol based. I mainly get jump to desktop when other machines on my lan are also playing on the same server. Does anyone else use a router? with other people playing the same game?

CoD wich i am now playing also stops… but the developers have put in an error code for this… and its some thing like server could not interperate request… or garbled data. If you look back to my last post, i showed a windows application error that i got, (the remote computer did not respond to the request… or some thing like that… sounds likke the same thing to me.

I know that some systems have trouble with QOS (Network connection protocal) “Quality Of Service” LOL, wondering if this could be one of them… i’m going to switch it off and see what shakes loose!

ted

Seems that this problem with CoD has to do with the 5600 and 5200 card series. I have a 5600 Ultra and I get crashes all the time, usually nvoglnt.dll. This is nvidia’s driver causing the error rendering Open GL, but what exactly I have no clue.

hey in know the solution to ur problem i had the samg thing on my other computer. what u have to do is format and reisntall ur windOws then u wont be gettingg that problem anymore–this problem has come to u from downloading things that have ==bugs in them u, u know what i mean glitches and this affects ur games and does **** to ur cmoputer --so my suggestion format+ reinstall windows=Problem solved

You guys, as mentioned about, all seem to have something in common: AMD Athlon processors and NVidia graphics cards. Apparently there’s some problem with AGP programs crashing. Apparently it’s related to your pagefile, and Windows trying to extend it during a game or something. In any case, this link may help some of you out. The exact same thing happened to me and this solved it. My system:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+
GForce MX440
1gig Kingston DDR RAM PC3000
40hhd + 80gig hdd
Asus A7N8X motherboard

So if any of you have similar systems it may help. My crashes after 5 minutes or less when playing Star Wars Galaxies, and even with full screen Flash animations!

["]http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...NoWebContent=1]](Microsoft Support)

Originally posted by Stratos1:
Did any of you notice that same thing you all have in common? I used to have the same problem when I had my nvidia card as well. Now I have a radeon 9700 pro and it never locks up. Ever. So if you really want to fix the problem with open gl go ATI. Radeon has better benchmarks anyway.

I run an older Radeon 7200 on a Tbird 1ghz with 512 memory on a cheap mobo with SB Live mp3+ 5.1, all my games lockup and thats the only thing that makes it lock up, it runs 24/7 but when I play games I get anywhere from 2-30 mins of playtime before I get a Hard lock, no BSOD or reboots, but a looping sound hard lock, “reset button is a well oiled machine” on my pc. any help would be appreciated

Nobody is mentioning what Brand and type of Power Supplies they have.

Looking at some of the system specs some of you have, if you don’t have over 400watt power supplies then that I think is a possible contributor to your problems.

I have the same or similar problems as you guys. I have a Intel P4 2.6C on an Asustek P4P800 Deluxe motherboard with 2 X 512MB DDR 400 and ATI Radeon 9600 Pro. When I play Black Hawk Down my PC would hang and the screen turns black. I’ve had no problems with Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness.

I am wondering if the problem could be with the RAM as mentioned by someone in another forum.

Does anyone have any answers to this strange phenomenom??

i’m having the same problem, but nothing seems to fix this issue, so i’m kind of staying away from opengl games until this can be fixed 100%.

Originally posted by blackvise:
[b]I get my OpenGL games shutting down the same way : Jedi Academy, Wolfenstein ET, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2 … have encountered a problem and must close . You should report this to Microsoft ( Yeeeeees, of cooooourse ! ), after 2 seconds to 2 hours ; I have not understood again on what depended this time. Apparently, the texture quality is important, but not determining .
But on Half-Life and Unreal Tournament 2003, it works very fine !

I changed my graphics drivers ( nvidia 4403, 4523 and 5208 ), still have the same problems . My graphic card is a GForce 4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X .
Resetting the BIOS changed nothing .
It’s not a overheating problem .

Apparently, a lot of guys suffer this problem … The only valable explanation would be a problem between OpenGL and XP, but I have doubts about it …

Please, help ! ( remember Lilu in the 5th Element … )[/b]

Hmm, I dont think WarCraft 3 requires OpenGL because my OpenGL is terrible (only 1.1 works) and WarCraft 3 works perfectly for me.

i get this exact same problem

Hi. My graphics card is a ATI RAEDON 7000 VE, with 64Mg RAM. Call of Duty worked fine until I’ve installed DirectX 9.0b.
The message is:
COD 1.0 build win-x86 Oct 5 2003
----- FS_Startup -----
Current language: english
Current search path:
D:\Call of Duty\main\pak6.pk3 (3 files)
D:\Call of Duty\main\pak5.pk3 (4858 files)
D:\Call of Duty\main\pak4.pk3 (1668 files)
D:\Call of Duty\main\pak3.pk3 (1992 files)
D:\Call of Duty\main\pak2.pk3 (694 files)
D:\Call of Duty\main\pak1.pk3 (2642 files)
D:\Call of Duty\main\pak0.pk3 (12828 files)
D:\Call of Duty/main
D:\Call of Duty\main\localized_english_pak1.pk3 (3736 files)
localized assets pak file for english
D:\Call of Duty\main\localized_english_pak0.pk3 (1204 files)
localized assets pak file for english

File Handles:

29625 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn’t exec language.cfg
execing config.cfg
couldn’t exec autoexec.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
…detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium III
Measured CPU speed is 2.40 GHz
System memory is 512 MB (capped at 1 GB)
Video card memory is 64 MB
Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE) supported

----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----

----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
…initializing QGL
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\opengl32.dll’ ): failed
…shutting down QGL
Forcing 640x480 resolution to allow OpenGL to run in fullscreen
…initializing QGL
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\opengl32.dll’ ): failed
…shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )

Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
Could not load OpenGL. Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your video card from the manufacturer’s web site.

Since then, neither Call of Duty nor MOHAA works.
I’ve installed catalyst drivers 3.9, and the patch, from ati.com.
¿Any help?
Thanks.

Originally posted by SpongeBob:
[b]I have the same or similar problems as you guys. I have a Intel P4 2.6C on an Asustek P4P800 Deluxe motherboard with 2 X 512MB DDR 400 and ATI Radeon 9600 Pro. When I play Black Hawk Down my PC would hang and the screen turns black. I’ve had no problems with Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness.

I am wondering if the problem could be with the RAM as mentioned by someone in another forum.

Does anyone have any answers to this strange phenomenom??[/b]

I have a Club3d Radeon 9600Pro, MSI 875P FIS2R, 2x512Mb DDR400 RAM, P4 2,6C, and THE SAME problem.

The temporary solution is to set the AGP from 8x to 4x, because the Radeon 9600 series cards have same compatibility issues with a few motherboards (e.g. 865, 875).

Related link: http://mirror.ati.com/support/infobase/4219.html

I have a Club3d Radeon 9600Pro, MSI 875P FIS2R, 2x512Mb DDR400 RAM, P4 2,6C, and THE SAME problem.
The temporary solution is to set the AGP from 8x to 4x, because the Radeon 9600 series cards have same compatibility issues with a few motherboards (e.g. 865, 875).

Hi Orcinus,

Thanks for the tip. I will try it out. Will let all know if it works or not.

Thanks again

SpongeBob