opengl and q3

Please email me too !!!

shaterianca@yahoo.com

Hi!
First of all make sure OPENGL will work with your configs. Ask friends,forums ,retaillers with the same OS,mobo,graphiccard,drivers, processor if it should work.

Here is a lots of solutions try once in a time to see if it will work for you.

Click Start / Run.
Type “win.ini” (without quotes) and press OK.
Search for a line that says “DVA=0” (without quotes).
Add a semicolon ( before the DVA (The line should now look like this: “;DVA=0” (without quotes))
Save and close the file
If you find this causes more problems, just take out the semicolon.
Note that not everyone has this line, and if there is none you’ll have to try another solution or test to add a line “DVA=1”(may help).

Try switching to AGP1X using your BIOS setup. This may help, but will reduce performance slightly.

Check your AGP aperture size in your BIOS Setup. Start at half of what your total system memory is and save it.

If you have a Via chipset on your mobo try to update your Via drivers (dont ever install the turbomode).New release out now. http://www.via.com.tw/drivers/index.htm

If you install the new openGL drivers remember to force the install when you been prompted(to get rid of your old drivers)

6.(If nothing else works).
If you want a total uninstall of creatives card do as follow.(working on other card also if you now the file endings.

• Run any uninstall from Add/Remove Programs for the drivers. These frequently are
    not totally thorough but should be done anyway.

After you reboot, delete these files
In C:\Windows\System: nv*., bc., bls., 3dbg.*
(the latter 3 only apply to Creative drivers)

In C:\Wwindows\Inf: drvdata.bin, drvidx.bin, 3dbg*.inf, nv*.inf

In C:\Inf\Other: 3dbg*.inf, nv*.inf

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech\Blaster Control 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls
Folder\Device\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\Blaster Control 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls
Folder\Device\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\NVTweak
(look under Controls Folder\Display as well as Device keys here for
Blaster Control or NVTweak keys)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

• look for bcdetect or NVInitialize entries on the right side and
    delete them but not the whole Run key. Also, check the RunOnce
    key for the same entries.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OpenGLdrivers

• delete the RIVATNT entry on the right side

After you have done this do a reinstall of windows(not format).

Then install the original drivers to your garaphiccard(not detonators)

That’s it
Please give me a wink if it worked for you.

Originally posted by Eljin:
I have the solution. I’ll send it to you per email.

Please send me the fix!!!Going clazy without quake

What a crock of bs.

If you’re running 2k and have a TNT2, just go get the Detonator 3 drivers from NVidia and install them.

The Microsoft drivers shipped with Win2k don’t support 3d/OpenGL. They’re just 2d drivers.

well youve just got the fixes.
what about read my topic.
Sometimes the solution could be easy as UgUg mentioned and sometimes a bit more difficult as I mentioned

Originally posted by Eljin:
I have the solution. I’ll send it to you per email.

Por favor, envieme la solución al Email antojar@hotmail.com, gracias

im havin same prob…it cant recognize my gra phics card or somthin…can some email me a solution?

Please send me your solution. I have the same problem. Send to beardy0421@yahoo.com

Please send me your solution. I have the same problem. Send to beardy0421@yahoo.com

First of all, get Windows 2K Service Pack 2, directX 8.0a for win2k, the latest update for Q3, now 1.27g, and the LATEST drivers for your video card [IMPORTANT : Make sure the drivers are for Win2K]. IF after that, it doesn’t work, then you have a conflict of some sort, try closing all unnecessary programs. That should work. If not, write back with your system configs.

Another solution/problem I just saw:

If you are running Windows95 can the program not change the color depth. This mean that you have to start in the right color depth for it to work. For Alice was it 16 bit colors depth but others may perhaps prefer 32.

Anyone who has the solution on the opengl problem, being dying to test Quake 3 on my Dual processor system.

Email:- gtan@excite.com

Thanks!

Anyone who has the solution on the opengl problem, being dying to test Quake 3 on my Dual processor system. Oh btw i can’t find the DVA=0 anywhere in my WIN.INI file. So is there some other way?

Email:- gtan@excite.com

Thanks!

I put this on top for Hotsaxplayer and other Q3 gamers.

please send me the solution as well Red12SecTA@aol.com

thanks

Hi,

I have the same problem that a lot of guys have.I think you know what problem I have.
It’s in Quake III (3).When I’m running quake3.exe, the blue console appears.That’s going a bit fast, and the black full screen appears and it disappear suddently.My computer is so slow for that game, so I’m running it on an another computer, it have the same video card, but he have a newer pentium and it’s faster. It have a better memory too.I can give the information about my computer:
-333 Mhz (exactly)
-64 MB RAM (exactly)
-Pentium II (2) (exactly)
-ATI 3D RAGE PRO AGP -Enchanced (the video card)
-DirectX 8.0
>Don’t worry, that computer is from the '98 year!
, and the other computer (approx.):
-600-650 Mhz (approx.)
-128 MB RAM (approx.)
-Pentium III (3) (exactly)
-ATI 3D RAGE PRO AGP -Enchanced (the video card) >I don’t know if it’s enchanced…
-DirectX 8.0 -I think.Better see that again.
I’m .
All I know that is the OpenGL library driver do not support all the video cards.
And ati.com say that its card does not support OpenGL driver for Win2K. HELP!!!

I think you can help me by finding a good driver OpenGL on an another link and send me the driver he link at:
-Egimail2000@yahoo.com
and\or at:
-egor_kamychev@caramail.com
or u can help me by writing me an Email about that ‘’ of OpenGL in the game so I can understand what’s that '’ of OpenGL.
Thanks, I’m only a computing beginner, so help, me please. I know that problem from the beginning of my 9 years old.
Excuse me for my English, I know I’m not very good in.
If the signature is not enabled, my name’s Egor.
OOps, I think I forgot to write a thing…
No,I think not, finally.
Bye.

A video card that supports OpenGL is a requriment for Q3.

Originally posted by fabien:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Eljin:
i keep getting this message when i try to load up q3
“GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem”
i’m running under win 98, and have a Permedia2. HELP!

E-Mail: xspawn_r0ck@hotmail.com
[/b][/QUOTE]

It would be easier for him just to post the damn fix in this forum instead of e-mailing you dudes.

Again, i have the same problem running Q3, under win2000, but i did the following and it doesn’t work anyway :

• upgrade od win2000 with service pack 2
  • directX 8.0a
  • last drivers S3 savage 4 for my Diamond Stealth III S540 Xtreme
  • upgrade of VIA chipset drivers
  • upgrade of AMD Atlhon drivers
    So far, i pass the blue screen when openGL starts, but my computer freezes just after !

I’m waiting for answer from support of Diamond, and didn’t find any help at microsoft site (who avoids clearly the subject, doesn’t he ??), neither at openGl.org or any net resources.
WERE STUCK BECAUSE OF WIN2000, AND IF ANYONE CAN HELP, JUST GIVE CONCRETE INFORMATION RATHER THAN SAYING “I’ll send by email” !!!
:frowning: