OpenGL 3.1 info at GDC 2009

Very true, I’ve only ever used OGL casually and so am less familiar with the more advanced performance features that are now used as the default. Have we heard anything about an OGL 3.1 Programming guide? (or anything that depicts a typical usage of 3.1) I could really do with one. I expect it will be smaller than the 2.1 guide if anything.

I think OGL 3.1 is a great step forwards, I can see why the spec has been changed the way it has been, however I think work needs to be done to make entry to OGL 3.1 friendlier, otherwise new users are still going to end up going for directX.

Any other GL forum goers here planning on attending the OpenGL BOF at Siggraph on Wednesday Aug 5th?

I’m planning on it.

I noticed that the new beta NVIDIA driver for Linux (190.16) is advertising support for OpenGL “3.2.0” in its version string. I’m wondering if it’s a mistake or a sneak preview :slight_smile:

Yep.

Well, SIGGRAPH is nearing… it would be nice to have another GL update. The last update was 4 months ago, it’s not much time…

I’m holding out hope that at some point new drivers brings released GL/CL interfaces, sure would be great to get that news at SigGraph, but if this wasn’t the case I wouldn’t be all the surprised either…