OpenGL 3.0

Did they make any announcement that it would be delayed and if so for how long?
Not that I know of. It’s very quiet - I hope storm is coming.

I’m a bit disappointed. It’s the only thing i had wished for and didn’t get for my birthday :frowning:

Jan.

Yes, it is disappointing indeed. They don’t say ANYTHING. No “we need some extra time”, no “it’s delayed”, no “hang on” … NOTHING. Come on guys, talk to us :slight_smile:

Originally posted by dv:
Yes, it is disappointing indeed. They don’t say ANYTHING. No “we need some extra time”, no “it’s delayed”, no “hang on” … NOTHING. Come on guys, talk to us :slight_smile:
ditto !

C’mon! Time is running out - my birthday is next week :slight_smile:

May we get GL3 by your birthday, and Mount Evans by mine (this summer).

Either way, a somewhat belated happy b-day to Jan, and an early one to k_szczech.

Specs for b-days, and drivers for … substitute favorite/earliest holiday … ! What could be better, besides getting them both at once?

:slight_smile:

Hehe, thank you :slight_smile:

So your birthday is “this summer”? When is “this summer” in Seattle? In Germany the “meteorological” autumn already started on the first day of September (http://naschkontrolle.de/blog/2007/07/03/herbstanfang-2007).

Jan.

Beautiful pics :slight_smile:

Summer here runs June 21 - Sept 22. Summer’s the best time to be in Seattle, very little rain and nice temps. Winter on the other hand gives us a bad wrap for being miserably rainy :frowning: But you do get used to it, some even learn to like it (just stay indoors and drink coffee by the gallon) :slight_smile:

3 weeks have passed. There really should be some info available now. :confused:
Of course nobody insists to release OpenGL 3.0 specs right now. If it needs some final touch then so be it - we can wait. What we really need is some information. Unless this is intended, psyhological game, hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of weather - I’ve been driving a gokart this weekend - pretty much fun. Especially when you had the opportunity to drive it on both dry and wet surface at once. We had sunny weather which changed into half-frozen rain :smiley: with strong wind which caused the rain to become more horizontal than vertical. Tons of fun - I recommend it :cool:

PS. You have 35 hours, 6 minutes and 14 seconds left. Then it’s my birthday and I want OpenGL 3.0 on my birthday.

My secret little fantasy is that Nvidia/ATI have secretly been asking the ARB to hold off on the spec because their drivers for it are aaaaaallllllmost there…

But yeah, can we at least get a “We’re sorry but it’s not ready yet because we’re making it awesome?”

Hehe, no doubt it will be awesome :slight_smile:

As i mentioned in some other posts, “end of september” was quite an optimistic deadline, in my opinion. I don’t blame anyone, that it takes longer. Though i really would like to know, whether i should be expecting it in 2 weeks, one month, two months or even later. Right now i am checking these forums like 10 times a day, because there is no info whatsoever.

Gokart is really fun. I tried that a few years ago for a day. Very exciting.

Jan.

I don’t blame anyone, that it takes longer. Though i really would like to know, whether i should be expecting it in 2 weeks, one month, two months or even later. Right now i am checking these forums like 10 times a day, because there is no info whatsoever.
Aha, now it makes sense! That why they are pushing back the release, to increase traffic to this site. :slight_smile:

But yeah, gokart is awesome.

Another topic on OpenGL 3.0 release has been started on this forum:
OpenGL 3.0 Specification ?
Maybe we should invite these guys to our topic?
Or maybe we should start new one. Hell, let’s spam this forum! :wink:

PS. Aren’t we supposed to get Mt. Evans this year?
If they can still deliver us both this year (somehow, somewhere), then my reaction is predefined:
][, ([]) ][,

As if I didn’t get frustrated enough at work…

My personal countdown clock (I’ll get mean if it counts to 0 before GL 3.0 specs release): T-12:39’46

k_szczech ,

Many happy returns on your birthday.
Enjoy and have fun during this time, who knows
you may not find time after GL 3.0 release !!!

Kumar.k

End of october.
I hope it’s not a false hope when I hope it’s not the end of hopes. :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way - in my last post I suggested to spam this forum. I must admit, I was amazed by quick reaction from admins. They immediately shut down this forum for 24 hours and prevented such actions. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, some of us are now “OpenGL Gurus”, heh? I wonder what the criteria are. If it’s a replacement for “Frequent contributor”, then all you need to do is to post enough comments (like this one for example) and you become a Guru. “We are all assimilated” as my fellow students would say :cool:
This is more less how I become a Guru - I never shut up. :smiley: Maybe there should be another ranking for people with 1000+ posts? Something like “Flak monkey” or “Wicked sick”.

I’m a guru too :slight_smile: It’s atually wierd because I haven’t written any OpenGL programs in years

P.S. I loved the ranking system. Is it gone now?

Yep, it’s determined by number of posts, and thresholds have just been changed, so we’re no longer Guru’s now:
0 Newbie
50 Contributor
100 Regular Contributor
500 Frequent Contributor
1000 OpenGL Pro
2000 OpenGL Guru
5000 OpenGL Lord

I think it’s a bit redundant to display number of posts and this rating at the same time if it’s actually the same. The number of posts/user rating was better I think. It was motivating, but not just to write posts, but to write reasonable posts with verified and valuable information.

And now accept my apologies, but I just can’t help myself:

All praise Knackered - our OpenGL Guru! :smiley:

Ok, I’m having a laugh here, but I bet it’s nothing comparing to the laugh Knackered must be having right now :slight_smile:

Damn, 2633 posts left to “OpenGL Lord” :p, but at least I have my five stars. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why do you have stars now, and everybody else hasn’t, oh mighty Guru? Oh, now i see! You outsmarted me, unsurprisingly.

Time to praise your name for a few more hours.

Jan.