OpenGL 1.2

I’m sorry if this is an over-asked question (I checked the FAQ and numerous other sources - the FAQ info is a year old) - but can anyone tell me what the status is of OpenGL 1.2 on Windows?
I can find lots of documentation, but no headers or libraries. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
HB

MS doesn’t support 1.2 and will never do so! Some Display drivers might support, Nvidia does.

Well that wouldn’t surprise me, but surely some other org must be planning on producing a Windows version of 1.2? I’ve already asked SGI, but haven’t gotten a reply yet.
The spec was published so long ago (my blue and red books for 1.2 are dated 1999), it’s hard to believe it’s not available yet for Windows.

It’s not that MS is never ever going to implement 1.2. They have said that they will support it soon.

It’s just that they are taking a loooooong time to do so.

Like CoBour said, you can access the entry points to the OpenGL 1.2 functions through the nVidia OpenGL drivers.

However, most of the functions are in software on current cards, so it is slow.

j

> Like CoBour said, you can access the entry points to the OpenGL 1.2 functions > through the nVidia OpenGL drivers.

Cool! How does one go about doing that?

I’m not sure exactly how, because I havn’t done it before.

I think you do it the same way as getting the entry points for extension functions. You just don’t need to check for any extension before you try to get the entry point. The OpenGL FAQ has something about how to do that.

j