OpenGL 1.2 Download

I have only OpenGL 1.1 !!!

where can i get OpenGL 1.2 (opengl32.lib, gl.h, opengl32.dll) to download.
I have download the NvOpenGL SDK about there is no OpenGL file I need.
I looked by SGI (about there is no OpenGL 1.2 to Download , maybe iam to stupid to find it ???).
And where can I found the newest Verion of
GLU, GLUT, GLAUX I don’t remember the URL for this Files

Please send me a Link where I can download OpenGL 1.2

Thanks for HELP

Hi !

Our “good” friends at Microsoft don’t want us to have OpenGL 1.2, so the libraries you get with Windows (and the software implementation of OpenGL) is 1.1, to use 1.2 you have to get the function pointers yourself, fun isn’t it ;o)

Mikael

GLU and GLAUX comes with OpenGL, you should use theese, GLAUX is pretty old in itself so I don’t think you will find any “new” version.

I don’t have the URL right here for GLUT but just do a quick search on google, it should be the first hit I belive.

Mikael

F… no OpenGL 1.2 for Windows !!!

Comes OpenGL 1.3 for Windows ???
And can I download it anywhere ???

try glGetString( GL_VERSION )
what does it say not 1.1 i believe!

You don’t have to download specific dlls and libs to use OpenGL 1.2. Missing functions can be loaded with wglGetProcAddress, and missing constants can be defined and used as usual. Nothing stops you from using 1.2, or even 1.3, even if MS doesn’t support it.

Functionspointers and constants are defined in glext.h, and you can get it from nvidia.com and oss.sgi.com.

THANKS for the help

i’ve downloaded the glext.h and i would try to use, them !!!

Thanks alot

TEST TEST

If I were to use OpenGL 1.2, would I be limited to specific video hardware? I’m not into using hardware specific functionality; I like the freedom, but dislike limitations of straight OpenGL 1.1.

Yes, if you use OpenGL 1.2 specific functions, you will be bound to drivers that support 1.2. On the other hand, linking to a 1.2 version of OpenGL when compiling, but not using any 1.2 features isn’t any problem, since OpenGL is fully backward compatible.

Okay thx for help, i’ve the GLext.h and tested the extensions to see on what OpenGL Ver. running on my system (is 1.2

Also TEST, TEST stands for testing my account

that’s all folks

Alle meine Entchen

schwimmen auf dem See

Köpfchen in das Wasser

scwänzchen in die höh

UH YEAH great

Bob,
Thanks for the info… The biggest gripe I have with Microsoft OpenGL 1.1 is not being able to apply specular highlights when texturing. I am aware this can be done in two rendering passes, though not practical in my application.

[This message has been edited by lobstah (edited 08-31-2001).]