I’m just starting with OpenCL and I’m confused a little bit with few things:
- We have 2020 and OpenCL 2.2. specification. However for Mac I can see on Apple site that max support is 1.2. Also on my Linux clinfo says that nvidia driver supports only 1.2, Intel 1.1, and 1.1 for Mesa. And I have quite new computer with i9-9900K, RTX 2080 TI and updated drivers. I have something wrong with installation or simply OpenCL support is very limited? How portable are specific versions of OpenCL?
- I have algorithm that have plenty options and additional behaviors depending on provided parameters (like 30 different parameters). Can OpenCL handle such things?
- Is there any IDE currently for OpenCL or I should use for example eclipse for C++?
- Should I use OpenCL/opencl.h on mac or I can use also downloaded CL/cl.h
- Is there a way to use C++ in kernel code or kernel must be in C only?