Open gl missing

Hi! I have a SAPPHIRE HD 6450 2GB DDR3 videocard that supports open gl 4.1 and Windows XP SP3 . I have try some drivers - latest for XP from sapphiretech dot com and older but open gl still missing - only open gl 1 is available… What I have to do to reach open gl 4.1 ?

How do you know that “only open gl 1 is available”? What code are you running that detects this?

Furthermore, are you sure that your AMD card actually still is supported under Windows XP? Because I understand that AMD doesn’t support XP anymore. And if you’re using drivers from 2013… well, I wouldn’t want to rely on drivers that are no longer being supported.

[QUOTE=Alfonse Reinheart;1266191]How do you know that “only open gl 1 is available”? What code are you running that detects this?

Furthermore, are you sure that your AMD card actually still is supported under Windows XP? Because I understand that AMD doesn’t support XP anymore. And if you’re using drivers from 2013… well, I wouldn’t want to rely on drivers that are no longer being supported.[/QUOTE]

I am running GPU Caps Viewer and aida64 and they show only open gl 1.1 supported. This card is in sale from 2011 and supports from win xp 32 bit to win 8.1. Latest driver for xp 32 bit is from Apr 25, 2013 . If in 2011 this card have opengl 4.1 why now can not handle it? I have original CD with this videocard and installed software from it but still same result.

Which means that the ICD isn’t present or isn’t recognised, so you’re getting Microsoft’s software fallback implementation.

what is ICD and how to fix it?

ICD = Installable Client Driver. It’s the part of the video hardware’s device driver package which implements OpenGL for specific video hardware. If you don’t have one or if it fails to load, you get a generic software implementation which only provides OpenGL 1.1.

First, you need to check whether the driver you’re using supports OpenGL on your hardware on Windows XP. Given that Windows XP is past its official end-of-life date, it’s possible that newer drivers don’t support Windows XP or only support DirectX on Windows XP.

Once you’re sure that OpenGL should be supported, I’d suggest re-installing the driver after first removing any previous installation using e.g. Driver Sweeper (unfortunately, this is sometimes necessary, particularly for AMD hardware).

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.