On display list sharing

It seems that some devices do not support display list sharing by return FALSE when I call wglShareLists while others work well.

How can I get rid of this problem?

p.s. Where can I download a free copy of OpenGL with source code?

Make sure your code does the correct thing.

The manual says:
"You can only share display lists with rendering contexts within the same process. However, not all rendering contexts in a process can share display lists. Rendering contexts can share display lists only if they use the same implementation of OpenGL functions. All client rendering contexts of a given pixel format can always share display lists.

All rendering contexts of a shared display list must use an identical pixel format. Otherwise the results depend on the implementation of OpenGL used."

p.s. Search for “MESA” to find an OpenGL implementaiton.

But what the “identical pixel format” means?

Sometimes I want to share lists between a memory(bitmap) context and a client context. The fields of dwFlags in the tructure PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR must be PFD_DRAW_TO_BITMAP and PFD_DRAW_TO_WINDOW, respectively. Does this means that the formats are not identical?

Thank you!

Originally posted by Relic:
[b]Make sure your code does the correct thing.

The manual says:
"You can only share display lists with rendering contexts within the same process. However, not all rendering contexts in a process can share display lists. Rendering contexts can share display lists only if they use the same implementation of OpenGL functions. All client rendering contexts of a given pixel format can always share display lists.

All rendering contexts of a shared display list must use an identical pixel format. Otherwise the results depend on the implementation of OpenGL used."

p.s. Search for “MESA” to find an OpenGL implementaiton. [/b]

Yes, the draw_to_bitmap context won’t even be hardware accelerated!