Older Api docum

I am currently using a older IntelHd Gpu which supports Opengl3.1 (Glsl #version140) .

While trying to locate the relevant Api for this version ,the Khronos site only provides documentation for Opengl2.1 and Opengl4.5 : Khronos OpenGL® and OpenGL® ES Reference Pages - The Khronos Group Inc.

On Khronos Github Page (GitHub - KhronosGroup/OpenGL-Refpages: OpenGL and OpenGL ES reference page sources, and generated HTML used as backing store for khronos.org), documentation for only Opengl2.1 and Opengl4 is available.

How to locate the intermediate Api for Opengl 3.1?

[Note - This Editor does not allow external Links ]

The OpenGL 3.1 specification is available. But you’re unlikely to find anything more than that.

Also, I would be hesitant to develop anything significant for an implementation that is so out of date. Mainly due to driver bugs that won’t be fixed.

1 Like

This is the case for new users. Once you get a few more posts under your belt, the forums will allow you to post links. (I fixed up your links for you)

Also, for completeness, here’s the GLSL 1.4 spec:

Your go-to source for anything related to the OpenGL Specification or Extensions is:

Specs up-top. Extensions below.

1 Like

There used to be online reference pages for 3.x, but they’ve been removed. The 4.x reference pages document the minimum version for each function, but they don’t provide any help where the behaviour of an existing function has been extended (e.g. additional enumerants, increased minimum implementation limits, or relaxed constraints).

The only available resources are the specifications, but the structure isn’t convenient if you’re trying to write an application for a particular API revision (as opposed to writing an implementation). Apart from the 3.1 specification, later versions summarise the changes for each revision. The 4.1 specification has sections for each revision from 3.0 to 4.1 inclusive, while the 4.6 specification has sections for each revision from 4.2 to 4.6 inclusive. This should give you a list of cases where information in the online reference pages doesn’t apply to 3.1.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.