ok here is my problem with MOHAA

Originally posted by Merik:
what if the graphics card is only a mere RageII?everytime i start MOHAA up the cd drives starts to spin but then it stops and i get a pop-up name MOHAA console.in it it says "GLW_StartOpen() -could not load OpenGL subsystem."i have tried everything i can think of but nothing works.please some1 help me.

I think I may have the answer you’re all looking for but it wont make you happy. You may have to upgrade your video card. What’s a few bucks if you really want to play an awesome game? If you have an older video card like the Rage II or II+ from Radeon it wont work at all. It also depends on what version of Windows you’re using. According to OpenGL’s web site neither Windows 95 or Windows 98 are supported for OpenGL for this model of video card so stop wasting your valuable time looking for a fix. As far as I’ve found there isnt one and I haven’t been looking for very long. If you dont believe me then go check it out for yourself. The link is http://www.atitech.ca/support/infobase/2887.html. This should take you directly to the page with the information I found. I’m nost sure if it’s compatible with Win 2K, Win ME, or Win XP but if I had to guess I would say no. It might not be a bad idea to upgrade now if you have the money. ATI has an upgrade program that gives you a discount on a newer card if you mail the older card you’re using, it doesnt matter what brand it is they will give you some sort of discount, then they will send you a newer All-In-Wonder ATI Radeon model 8500DV AGP 3D video card. It mentions this on one of the hyperlinks included on the web page I just gave you. The only problem is if you’re using a video card that old then it may mean upgrading the rest of your system as well to take advantage of the capabilities of the new card. I should also mention the last time I was in CompUSA it was a rather expensive card. The price was about $179-200 if memory serves me right. You’ll want to think about it and do some research and read the latest reviews on it to make sure it will fit your needs. I hope this helps. Here’s the link again. Just copy and paste it into your browser. http://www.atitech.ca/support/infobase/2887.html