I have a frustrating problem. Take a look at this pictures.
The first is run from inside MSVC++ in release mode with the command RUN. And the secong is run from inside MSVC++ with the command GO (debug). All optimizations are off right now. And the problem you can see only occurs in release + Run !
Has anyone had similar problems, and solved them.
All is rendered on a GeForce 2MX, with vertex arrays, and the landscape with multitexturing (GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY)… the car is rendered in the same manner without multitexturing.
( The server might be down at night (CET time)… but please be patient)
[This message has been edited by julius (edited 03-05-2002).]
My guess is that you didn’t initialize some variable (probably having to do with texture coordinates). In a debug build, the allocators and deallocators clear memory to some bitpatter (possibly 0); in release, they do not.
thanks, I was thinking that it could have something to do with release linking and OPENGL. But as you say It was a programming error.
Not an initialization error, but an logical error in a for loop that I made.
So now I learned not to blame OGL for my stupid mistakes.
Ya know, nothing with your code here for my idea. But on large projects, after constant building I’ve seen MSVC++ just lose sight of what is going on
After a nice clean and rebuild all everything worked. If you haven’t tried that yet, I would.