Obtaining the Red Book....

heya guys

I’ve been recently considering getting back into OGL programming w/c++, and have been looking for a way to get the red book in physical text, not an online source. i find i can learn a lot better from a book than on a computer where ICQ and messenger can distract me The problem of the matter however, is that Australia wouldn’t have an OpenGL bool in existence. If anyone would know of somewhere i can obtain a copy of the red book from, it would be much appreciated I do have a downloaded pdf file of the resource guide, and am currently contemplating printing off all 650 or so pages. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks all

www.bn.com

search for opengl programming in the bookstore

you can buy the red book in aotearoa so im sure you can pick up a copy in oz. 650 pieces of paper sounds a real drag.

well i managed to find a place to order, www.angusrobertson.com.au incase any aussies on here were interested I ordered the OpenGL Programming Guide and the OpenGL SuperBible. I generally like to have two opinions on things, is there anything people have to say about the latter? If it’s overly horrible I’ll cancel it now…

Thanks all

Originally posted by judge&jury:
[b]well i managed to find a place to order, www.angusrobertson.com.au incase any aussies on here were interested I ordered the OpenGL Programming Guide and the OpenGL SuperBible. I generally like to have two opinions on things, is there anything people have to say about the latter? If it’s overly horrible I’ll cancel it now…

Thanks all [/b]

I think that the OGL SuperBible is worth it but not a must have. I find the red book a little dry and it is useful to have a supplement to the red book examples. But I am pretty sure that the superbible does not contain any information that is not in the red book. If you like to buy books then go for it, if money is tight then don’t.

If you do get it, you need to download the errata for the code at: http://www.starstonesoftware.com/OpenGL/errata_2nd_edition.htm