nVidia FP uniforms driver optimization lags

Second that! And changes them to specific values that some drivers think they can be slick about optimizing away, to hell with first-render frame breakage!

Second that! And changes them to specific values that some drivers think they can be slick about optimizing away, to hell with first-render frame breakage!
[/QUOTE]

Well I have to disagree to some degree… The driver can give significant performance improvement in some cases by recompiling a shader for some specific predicates (uniforms, texture formats, etc.)

I don’t think anybody can be against those really if they don’t cause other glitches. The driver could be compiling shaders all the time for all I care, as long as it is done in another lower priority thread. Compiling is a CPU only task anyway so this could be done without hampering the GPU.

Exactly what I was going to say…

[quote=“Zengar”]

Exactly what I was going to say… [/QUOTE]

Totally agree, but now we have glitches, unfortunately. Luckily, new generations of nVidia cards do have no such a visible lag.

[EDIT] By the way, PkK, what maked you to revive this topic?? Sudden render dalays?? I ask it, because almost 2 year has passed :slight_smile: