NV driver errors in event viewer?

I have been using 41.09 drivers on my win2k system using opengl without a glitch, or so I thought, but when I looked at the event viewer, I got this cryptic error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: nv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 13
Date: 12/09/2002

GR SW Notify Error on 0001 d3d05601 00000096 00000248 20000000 00000002

What exactly does this mean, since I got about 60 of the exact same errors in the event log, and this is the first time I have seen this, is this something I did in coding openGL to cause this or is this unrelated? While I did send a e-mail to Nvidia, I had no reply for a week, so this is my next best shot, since I know a few Nvidia guys hang out around here…

Note, I can’t replicate the problem, since I compiled the program again, and this time I didn’t get those errors in the event log.

Any one shed some light on this?

[This message has been edited by Elixer (edited 12-17-2002).]

These event log entries are cases where the NVIDIA 40.xx driver recovers from a serious graphics error, possibly something that would have hung the chip or locked the driver in previous drivers.

This could be a latent driver bug (programming something wrong in the hardware). In theory, an ill-behaved app shouldn’t be able to lock/hang the hardware, and we try to keep that from happening.

Odd that simply recompiling made your problem go away. If you have something that reproduces these errors, please send me an email with your system info (CPU, chipset, graphics HW, driver version) and whatever else you can do to help us reproduce it.

Thanks for the info!

As soon as I can reproduce the errors in the event log again, I will get back in touch.