NEED SOME HELDABOUT OPENGL AND WIN2K

To back you up, I also HAD opengl working in Win2k Pro when I setup my machine. However, in the meantime, something caused it to stop working. As far as WinMe, I haven’t heard much good about it, so I personally am staying away for a while.

I also have windows Me and i try run Quake 3 and star trek Elite force and i have the same problem, but other 3d accelarator requiered games work perfectly. Stupid Open GL!!!

Go to metabyte’s website, then find and download wickedgl. Works great on Voodoo 3 cards and windows 2000.

I recently installed Windows ME and it works fine. DELL D333, Annihilator 2 32MB, DirectX 8. Be sure to test application compatibility before doing so. Runs Q3 fine with Nvidia’s recommended Detonator driver.

Originally posted by Thelv:
No! youre right.
I really doubt that! Cause w2k is reckon as NT and NT have always got problem with games
especially open gl.

That’s a lie :] NT 4.0 has no problem whatsoever with OpenGL hardware, it fully support OpenGL hardware. The only problem is with NT5 which they decided wouldn’t support OpenGL (for whatever reason I have no idea). So, yes, my -fully- hardware OpenGL Fire 1000 Pro from Diamond will not work and may very well never -ever- work with NT5. But, stay tune guys, Sp2 is coming and also, NT6 :]

The decision is fairly simple right now, if you want fully supported hardware controlled OpenGL, you either have to go back to a Win9x system (all probably except WinMe) or go to fully service packed (Sp5)NT 4.0 which does support hardware OpenGL. I was very disapointed with NT5’s team deciding not to support hardware OpenGL and, OpenGL was the main reason I had decided to switch to NT systems. I’m left without any possibilities of having support for this hardware and this support is essential for my card’s power is barely used in any CAD program.

Win2K DOES support HW OpenGL. The rumor that it wouldn’t was just an extremely nasty an incorrect rumor.

I run 2 Win2K systems and both have perfectly working HW-accelerated OpenGL.

• Matt

Of course openGL work with NT and win2k
I have never said anything else.

The problem is to get it going.
80 percent of people with openGL problems
have NT, Win2k. With some graphiccards youve never get it to work. Its better you support them with same config as you, than just verify that it works.