my first day with openGL

I suddenly decided today to start learning openGL. So I took the first program from the official guide to openGL and tryed to run in Visual C. The error I’m getting is:
“Cannot open include file: ‘gl/glut.h’: No such file or directory” !!

Now my question is how do I make this file available ???

Please help !!!

Hey,
include this file in ur workspace and then run it.if u dont have gl.h and glut.h , try to download them from www.opengl.org
it has to run.

Prashant,

Thanks a lot for your reply. but I’m getting another problem now. It compiled fine, but while I’m trying to run…the error is:
"LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file “glut32.lib” ". I’ve searched the PC and there is no file by this name. What do i do now!?

you need to install the glut libraries on your computer, search the faq on this website for links to where you can download the glut libraries.

You need to download the glut library file.
The library file is compiler and OS linked, so you need to get the library for your OS and the compiler that you are using.

Nate Robins run a glut website for windows version of GLUT. Find a link to his site on my website:
http://www.angelfire.com/linux/nexusone/

Originally posted by coolDude:
[b]Prashant,

Thanks a lot for your reply. but I’m getting another problem now. It compiled fine, but while I’m trying to run…the error is:
"LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file “glut32.lib” ". I’ve searched the PC and there is no file by this name. What do i do now!?[/b]