Multithreaded OpenGL in W32 child-windows

Hello,

I have written a W32 application that creates an MDI window within it’s own thread. Inside that window I have created a child window, adjusted it’s pixel format and do some OpenGL renderings.
I rerender the window whenever I receive a WM_PAINT.

Problem: For some reason, some of the updates seem to get lost and I get strange flickering behaviour when moving the window outside the MDI frame client boundaries…

It’s really irritating and I get no grip about what it’s about…

Anyone?

Best regards,
Lars Wernlund, Sweden

It looks more like a win32 problem. Check that you set the WS_CLIPCHILDREN style flag in the parent window, and the WS_CLIPSIBLINGS and WS_CHILD in the child.
Is the child window you’re talking about being rendered by another thread?

Originally posted by coco:
It looks more like a win32 problem. Check that you set the WS_CLIPCHILDREN style flag in the parent window, and the WS_CLIPSIBLINGS and WS_CHILD in the child.
Is the child window you’re talking about being rendered by another thread?

Oh. Yes, sorry, I got that confused.
Main thread creates MDI child window. MDI window creates a new thread with a child window to the MDI window. This child window I want to do OpenGL…

I fixed the clippings now and it seems pretty stable, yet the mouse still seems to confuse the system. When I resize the window, small portions of the lower right corner, where I grip the window seem to get excluded. No big deal, yet still wrong.

Thank you very much for the help so far!

Best regards,
Lars Wernlund