MD2 vs. MD3 vs. HL-LIFEModels vs. UT-Models...

There should be a time limit on long you can reply to a post. I don’t understand why somebody doesn’t just put one in. Old post and OT topic I don’t care reading in the advanced forums.

Originally posted by gator:
There should be a time limit on long you can reply to a post. I don’t understand why somebody doesn’t just put one in. Old post and OT topic I don’t care reading in the advanced forums.
I really don’t see why old topics are so bad. I mean I may have made a joke about it but I don’t condemn it. If a certain topic is still of interest to some one then why does it matter if the post was old? I think it’s better to continue on an old post rather than making a new one, so that way there are less redundant posts on the board and the old info may be of some use. Have I gone mad? Am I wrong somehow?

-SirKnight

I want to see the tool that exports .md3 with bones. worked quite long with it, and its definetely vertex animation, not skeletal.
http://linux.ucla.edu/~phaethon/q3a/formats/md3format.html

There were rumors about id adding skeletal capabilities to q3 but it never came true (md4). So I dont think you will find any export tools for bone support or alike for md3.
one can “fake” skeletal using multiple md3s and animate the tags and stitch the model together in code, but it s not really all in one file and no real bones with hierarchy and such.