link error

If anyone could shed some insight, it would be a great help. I was going through some tutorials on NeHe’s site. I know the code is a bit dated but figured I wouldn’t have a problem. I’m using VC++ 2008 Express Ed and I get the following message in the output window :

------ Rebuild All started: Project: tutorial01, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project ‘tutorial01’, configuration ‘Debug|Win32’
Compiling…
StdAfx.cpp
Compiling…
tutorial01.cpp
Compiling manifest to resources…
Microsoft ® Windows ® Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Linking…
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘GLaux.lib’
Creating browse information file…
Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022
Build log was saved at “file://g:\OpenGL Tutorials\NeHe tuts utorial01\Debug\BuildLog.htm”
tutorial01 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

is there a workaround for glaux.lib?

thanks

Just read the tutorial carefully, at the beginning:
http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/lessons/lesson.asp?lesson=01

“NOTE #2: When the first tutorials were written, GLAUX was the way to go. Over time GLAUX lost support. Many of the tutorials on this site still use the old GLAUX code. If your compiler does not support GLAUX or you would rather not use it, download the GLAUX REPLACEMENT CODE from the main page (left menu).”

Ok, I went back to NeHe’s site, found the glaux replacement zip, downloaded it(twice to make sure I didn’t have a partial copy from the download) re ran the proj, the replacement file is incomplete. I get the following error:
------ Build started: Project: tutorial01, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling…
tutorial01.cpp
glAux.cpp
g:\opengl tutorials
ehe_glaux_replacement\glaux replacement\glaux.cpp(51) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add ‘#include “stdafx.h”’ to your source?
Generating Code…
Creating browse information file…
Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022
BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file ‘.\Debug\glAux.sbr’: No such file or directory
Build log was saved at “file://g:\OpenGL Tutorials\NeHe tuts utorial01\Debug\BuildLog.htm”
tutorial01 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I guess what I’m looking for are files to replace glaux.h/glaux.cpp, and glaux.lib or an openGL implementation that I can insert into VS C++ 2008 EE that will handle what ever the old openGL files used to do.

I checked stdafx.h it’s referenced where it’s required to be.

Did you try disabling precompiled headers? The settings is in “Project” Property Pages->Configuration Properties->C/C+±>Precompiled Headers->Create/Use Precompiled Header. Set it to “Not Using Precompiled Headers”.