libglut for Sun machine

posted 06-08-2002 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Markus23 Click Here to Email Markus23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Hello,
Does anyone know where I can find the libglut.so lib files compiled for a Sun machine? General Unix even I think would work. I have them on my Linux Box, but they are not transferable to Sun (tried ;-).

I also went to the Sun site and downloaded the 16MB glut file (and the 3MB data file), installed it, and it appears to not include the libglut.so files so of course -lglut fails, thus any code begining with glut fails. Doing a -L/somedirectory -lglut would work…provided the libglut.so files existed.

If anyone knows where I can find these files, or would be so kind to email them to me (they have to come from a Sun or Unix machine, not Linux or otherwise) then I would be forever grateful :-).

TIA,
Markus

Correction, libglut.so can be a libglut.a file and work. But I can’t find it either

Here’s a silly question for you: Did you build the library? I downloaded the glut source a week ago and built it on a Blade 100. No problems. Check the README, but I’m pretty sure ./configure;make;make install did it.

–Here’s a silly question for you: Did you build the library?—

I’m almost too embarrassed to reply :-). Arrrgh. Thanks Gumby

-Markus