KNI / MMX and optimizations

Since VC 6.0 cannot generate KNI / MMX instructions, where can I get a compiler that does the trick?
Another problem: I read alot about true fullscreen / fake fullscreen. I’m actually usign GLUT, so how can I have true fullscreen?

Thanks!

You should have a look at the game mode in glut (version 3.7 and later only I think), have never used it, so I don’t know the exact names of the functions. There is a few functions for setting up a fullscreen game environment to work in.

Hi there!

Regarding your question about ISSE (this is the offical name for KNI), as far as I know the only C++ compiler that support ISSE as inline assembly is (of course) the intel reference compiler. Check out intel’s website.

Personly I find the intel compiler is for ****. So I use MASM 6.14 to do both 3DNow! and ISSE.

Hope that helped you.

LG

And may the vector be with you!

You may wanna look into the freeware NASM assembler. It supports MMX/ISSE/3Dnow! opcodes, and is a platform independant x86 assembler. It uses a syntax very similar to TASM/MASM.

Hm, I heard that the NASM generated object code isn’t compliant to MSVC object code, with means that I can’t link NASM object files to my other stuff. Any thougt’s?

I actually never tried it mayself…

Kind regards,

LG