Jedi Academy problems

Hey Guys ive had a new problem with JK:JA OpenGL

----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\games\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\gamedata\base\assets3.pk3 (16 files)
C:\games\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\gamedata\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)
C:\games\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\gamedata\base\assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
C:\games\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\gamedata\base\assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
C:\games\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\gamedata/base

handle 1: video/ja01.roq

71232 files in pk3 files
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
Unsupported marker type 0x43

This the code what does it mean?

Of cause ive had the new nvidia detonator 52.xx on an GF Ti4200

Download the lastest directx drivers from microsoft 9.0b

Things are working better now

I am having a problem with Jedi Academy as well. The game runs fine and all, but sometimes it crashes and I get the error message that an error had occured and the games suddenly has to close. I think it’s an error with the graphics because it happens when I try and ride a ton ton or speeder bike in Multiplayer when admins summon them. I also can’t play the single player game because it crashes at a certain point. I d/led the lated drivers for my video card and the latest version of DirectX and still it crashes.

I am running:

Windows XP
nVIDIA TNT2 32mb Video Card
256mb Ram
15 gigs of hard drive space left
1.85gig processor

I don’t understand why this is happening. I never had this problem with Jedi Outcast. The game is legally bought so it’s not a pirated copy problem. If anyone has had this problem and knows how to customize the TNT2 video card so it stops doing this please e-mail me at ssatlus@hotmail.com or message me on AIM at IamYevis

Thanks in advance for anyone that is willing to help.

I have a wierd problem - when I play the game, I’ll finish a mission, and once I return to the mission selection screen, (after finishing another mission) the mission that I finished before won’t be registered as completed! I’m doomed to play the same damn 5 levels for all eternity!

Does anyone know the cause for that?

Alright, I downloaded the 1.01 patch and it seems to now register my completed missions.

But now I can’t cheat! (call me low, but it gets really hard, and other than the occasional help, it’s always fun to change things up occasionally) I type in the devmapall command and it simply says ‘map unspecified.’ What to do?!

Try helpusobi 1

Yeah, it worked. Thanks.

However, the level thing is still quite funky. But I can still progress, though. I just have to set all my force abilities to less than all 3 (like all 2, or all 1) before the level ENDS. It has something to do with the allocation of force points. Because when I allocate it like you would in a normal game without cheats, it progresses just fine. But when I am taking out points left and right, (like in the menu for force points - I could still theoretically continue to weapons if I, for example, set all my force points to 1 in the ~ menu) the levels go in circles and it’s like the game isn’t remembering what I beat. Is that weird, or what?

Hello, not to be a pesk…but when I try to play JA multiplayer all it says is: ERROR: no shader files found. Any ideas. I really want to play my game! All I did was download some maps, the ones everyon else has…please post me back immediatly.

— ambient sound initialization —
Sound memory manager started
Loading dll file ui.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm.
Failed.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
VM_Create on UI failed

Could someone please tell me what is wrong? What does all this mean? Single player works fine, but I get this message after trying to open Multiplayer. My computer fully meets all of the requirements needed for my system. What’s wrong?

Hi there. I’ve been having some problems with Jedi Academy too. Essentially, I can’t run it at highest specs, which is odd because my computer is as follows:

Intel Pentium 4 3.06Ghz
Radeon 9700 Pro
1.5 GB PC 1066 RDRAM
120 GB HDD

I’ve installed DirectX 9.0b, and I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Catalyst 3.10 drivers at least three times. My problem is that the game noticeably lags/stutters whenever I:

run the resolution past 1280x1024ag
adjust the color depth to 32-Bit
set Texture Filters to trilinear filtering
turn dynamic glow on

If anyone has any ideas, don’t hesitate to voice them. This is pretty much my last resort before I reformat my HDD and clean install Jedi Academy.

If I haven’t provided enough info, please post too, I’ll be checking frequently to see if anyone’s replied.

Thanks in advance,
C_Squared

Oh yeah, I have windows XP.

Every time I try to play a Single Player game on Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy it says:

[i]JA: v1.0.1.0 win-x86 Oct 24 2003
Initialising zone memory …
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets3.pk3 (16 files)
E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)
E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData/base

23744 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn’t exec jaconfig.cfg
couldn’t exec autoexec.cfg
…detecting CPU, found AMD w/ 3DNow!

------- Input Initialization -------
Skipping check for DirectInput
Joystick is not active.

----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----

----- Client Initialization Complete -----
— Common Initialization Complete —
Working directory: E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
…initializing QGL
succeeded
…setting mode 4: 800 600 FS
…using desktop display depth of 16
…calling CDS: ok
…registered window class
…created window@0,0 (800x600)
Initializing OpenGL driver
…getting DC: succeeded
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
…restoring display settings
…WARNING: could not set the given mode (4)
…setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
…using colorsbits of 16
…created window@0,0 (640x480)
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem[/i]

I tried looking on the Troobleshooting and it gave me crap about cards and stuff, I’m only 12 I don’t know anything, can someone help me?

PS I have Windows XP!

try some stuff here, i have been adding as iv proven fixes to work…happy hunting
http://groups.msn.com/openglprobelms

aka _e_03 >Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

[This message has been edited by dr. death (edited 01-10-2004).]

When I tried to go to your website it said: We cannot find this page.

i just took this error message from somebody just to say something refer down.

Wolf 1.0.0 win-x86 Nov 13 2001
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\Accessories\HyperTerminal\rtcw\main\sp_pak2.pk3 (232 files)
C:\Program Files\Accessories\HyperTerminal\rtcw\main\sp_pak1.pk3 (1342 files)
C:\Program Files\Accessories\HyperTerminal\rtcw\main\pak0.pk3 (4775 files)
C:\Program Files\Accessories\HyperTerminal\rtcw/main

6349 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn’t exec language.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
…detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium III
Bypassing CD checks
----- Client Initialization -----
Cmd_AddCommand: map_restart already defined
----- Initializing Renderer ----

----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
…initializing QGL
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\opengl32.dll’ ): succeeded
…using desktop display depth of 32
…registered window class
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
…23 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
…23 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…using colorsbits of 16
…23 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…23 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
…assuming ‘3dfxvgl’ is a standalone driver
…initializing QGL
…WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
…shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem if you recive this error message than that means that you need to look at your open gl stuff, those other ones usaually are slightly different,check for updates on ur chip, make sure game file has the same open gl ddl file as in system make sure ur game/chip set meets stanadards theese are the basic.

aka _E_03 http://groups.msn.com/openglproblems

Originally posted by JediAcademy=notworking!:
Every time I try to play a Single Player game on Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy it says:

[i]JA: v1.0.1.0 win-x86 Oct 24 2003
Initialising zone memory …
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets3.pk3 (16 files)
E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)
E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData/base

[/b]

yo dude dont woory i first at trouble with that cram now im 14…iv goten used to it as you see (well maybee not but i have my own open gl support web page (http://groups.msn.com/openglproblem)

1st what kind of chip set do you have?
2nd) system specs,
3rd)try my web page under fixed for some ideas or post in my forum /email me and il help you out

aka _E_03 http://groups.msn.com/openglproblems

1. Don’t know…
  2. Don’t know…
  3. Ok, I will go!

You’re website isn’t working. At least not for my computer, damn my computer SUCKS!

Regarding: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0xa5 0x54

Try the following: Go to the assets1.pk3, open as a winrar file repair the file.

Found at: http://www.forumplanet.com/3dactionplanet/jediknight/topic.asp?fid=4778&tid=698053

Or: Compare the size and date of your pk3 files in the GameData\Base folder with the files on the CD.
If your pk3 file sizes and dates are different, then your files did not copy over correctly.
Copy them again and try it…

Found at: http://www.forumplanet.com/3dactionplanet/jediknight/topic.asp?fid=4778&tid=1185592

Must be a bug on the CD