If you need in 3D engine.

Hello guys!

If you need in 3D engine. There is the optimal solution to use 3Dstate 3D engine. It is very fast one. Top quality graphics. The easiest-to-use 3D engine. Look yourselves www.3dstate.com there are many very good demos even with code. In addition it is for free!!!

No one took the time to answer, maybe because you should rename the “my worst day demo” in “my worst demo”. It really doesn’t look that good, textures seems to not even be filtered, no special effect. The Q3 level does not even look as good as the original one (lightmaps/shadows seem to be misplaced. No dynamic lighting/shadowing). Still needs some work.

And, last but not least, all this is OT.

I made the mistake of trying one of the demos linked on the site and it didn’t work, but more offensively something in the process modified my web homepage without permission. If they’re gonna do that who knows what other crap is getting done to my system without notification.
http://www.web-entrance.com/Pages/DearUser.htm

This page is part of the new homepage site and has an obvious link back to the 3dstate site so it looks like this is some really obnoxious deliberate strategy by 3dstate.com.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Now I gotta go run some privacy shield software and hope that whatever else these ass clowns MIGHT have done is in the database.

I tried the engine some time ago, but it was called morfit3D… It is very easy to use, but also it is very slow. If someone would like to learn basic 3D programming this is the engine for her/him.

I also programmed with this engine when it was version 3. Back then it was free to use. They used all kinds of input from developers(like me) and then decided it wasn’t free anymore. So in my opinion 3dstate sucks. It wouldn’t surprise me if they took the quake 2 source release and claimed it as their own.

Top quality graphics.

Yeah maybe 10 years ago. haha! There are much better engines out there. Like OGRE, Crystal Space, Jet3d, etc. So why bother?

-SirKnight

Lol! Commerical license for this heap of pig poo is $399! And $49 for your basic “student” license. Its funny that these clowns don’t seem to realise that there are MUCH better open source engines out there that don’t cost a dime!

My home-brew engine is putting out nicer visuals, imho, and its nowhere near complete even =)

http://www.nevrax.org
http://radonlabs.de
http://crystal.sourceforge.net (new renderer)

'nuff said

[This message has been edited by richardve (edited 03-07-2003).]

My engines better than yours, dopefish.
I wouldn’t be suprised if it were bigger too…

You wanna make it a contest, knackered? Whip it out then, and let’s see who’s got the biggest engine

– Tom

Originally posted by Tom Nuydens:
[b]You wanna make it a contest, knackered? Whip it out then, and let’s see who’s got the biggest engine

– Tom[/b]

LOL!

This is starting to remind me of that post a while back that got way off topic where everyone was like “mine’s bigger/better than yours! neener neener neener!”

-SirKnight

Originally posted by Robbo:

Lol! Commerical license for this heap of pig poo is $399! And $49 for your basic “student” license. Its funny that these clowns don’t seem to realise that there are MUCH better open source engines out there that don’t cost a dime!

OMG. If this engine can be sold for that much, I should be able to make a fortune on mine. Kidding of course. Though I wish I weren’t.

-SirKnight

Ya that radon labs engine is pretty darn good. That Schwarzenberg game using it looks frickin’ awesome.

-SirKnight

Originally posted by SirKnight:
[b]Ya that radon labs engine is pretty darn good. That Schwarzenberg game using it looks frickin’ awesome.

-SirKnight[/b]

I think Nevrax is even better
http://213.130.34.178/img/sshot//tykette.jpg

(www.ryzom.com)

Aww, that was a bad screenshot actually…

Have a look at that website for better shots, Nevrax rules!

You do realise that it’s the art assets that make those screenshots look good (meshes & textures), and not some voodoo magic woven by the ‘engine’, don’t you?

Holy crab… I am going to throw up with this lisence stuff…

Check this one engine out garagegames.com
This bad bady is responsible for tribes 2 and the engine is only 100…

Jezzzzz people gimme a break.

Sweet shots richardve!

Originally posted by Robbo:

[This message has been edited by mancha (edited 03-07-2003).]

Originally posted by knackered:
You do realise that it’s the art assets that make those screenshots look good (meshes & textures), and not some voodoo magic woven by the ‘engine’, don’t you?

Man, Nevrax is all about voodoo, just look at it, and it will generate realtime voodoo!! do you hear me? realtime voodoo magic!!

Seriously; of course I realize that, but this topic was about how good the screenshots of those 3dstate thingie demos were looking, right?

A bad engine with no support for spiffy alpha-multi-octal-blended-quatrantic-skinned characters won’t be able to display animated french fries in any nice way.
Got the point?

And it doesn’t take away that the Nevrax engine does rule…

Originally posted by knackered:
My engines better than yours, dopefish.
I wouldn’t be suprised if it were bigger too…

lol I only said mine was better than the one on that site, never said it was better than any other engine