Originally posted by srfpala:
[b]Is there a way to create a Client/Server C++ or VJ++ app that:
- supports OpenGL running within IE50
- renders within IE50
- allows user interaction (e.g. change viewpoint, scale, lighting, colors)within OpenGL
- allows computation to be done on the server side.[/b]
The following is a possible way.
- The “remode server” is located on your own computer. It is like the X-server that renders window for you. In this setup, you can write an ActiveX control to render the scenes and do the user interface.
For activeX control, there is one in MSDN.
More info in www.codeproject.com or www.codeguru.com
- If the aplication is a computation-intensive application, you can unload the computation work to a more powerful remote server. Let the server do the computation for you and download the data (e.g. VRML file, XML_GL) to your ActiveX control/Browser.
[This message has been edited by ccxiaoyu (edited 05-26-2000).]