I need some good books

What are some highly recomended books for OpenGL. I am new to 3d programing and need a good starting point. Thanks in advace for any recomendations.

[This message has been edited by Amp (edited 08-14-2000).]

I’m working through “Interactive Computer Graphics: A Top-down Approach with OpenGL” by Edward Angel (2nd edition). I like it because it tells you HOW graphics programming works, then explains it in the context of OpenGL. Combine this with the tutorials (follow the link from http://www.opengl.org, particularly Nehe’s tutorials) and this discussion forum, and I think we’ll be well on our way to proficient OpenGL programming!

Originally posted by Amp:
[b]What are some highly recomended books for OpenGL. I am new to 3d programing and need a good starting point. Thanks in advace for any recomendations.

[This message has been edited by Amp (edited 08-14-2000).][/b]

use the redbook OpenGL Programming Guide
or
the opengl superbible

very good get both!

2 must-have books:

OpenGL Reference Manual (third edition, by the OpenGL Architecture Review Board, aka the “blue” book)

OpenGL Programming Guide (third edition, also by the OpenGL Architecture Review Board, aka the “red” book)

I’m still reading the OpenGL SuperBible from R. Wright J. and i would recommend it already!

Thanks for the recomendations. I will definitly get some of the above mentioned books.