I can't get started using vulkan with quadro 600

I am using archlinux.
I followed this https://vulkan.lunarg.com/doc/sdk/latest/linux/getting_started.html to get started.
I also followed this to install the necessary packages https://github.com/SaschaWillems/Vulkan/wiki/Quick-start-guide.
Whene I try to execute example cube, I get this error message :
cube: /home/abdelillah/vulkan/VulkanSDK/1.1.70.1/examples/cube.c:3121: demo_init_vk: Assertion `!err && gpu_count > 0’ failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

What I have to do please ?
thank you.

You have to have a Vulkan capable GPU with proper drivers installed.

an example please :smiley:

Do you want someone to take a picture of a graphics card and post it :wink:

We can’t give you an example of Vulkan-capable hardware. That’s something you have to have. You also need to install drivers for it. We can’t give you an example of that either.

That is GCN architecture AMD card, NVIDIA card from this list, or Intel integrated GPU (I think Sandy Bridge and newer works).
This list may be useful too, but not necessarily complete.

GCN 1.2+ should work on decent distro OOTB. Then again archlinux … ehem; moving on. The driver is called RADV and is part of mesa. It works on top of amdgpu (without PRO). It should be part of mesa-vulkan-drivers package. There’s alternatively also the driver from AMD, which was recently OSed.

For GCN 1.0 and 1.1 the mesa-vulkan-drivers should also somewhat work, but you need to jump through some hoops.

For Intel the mesa-vulkan-drivers driver should also work.

For NVIDIA I think you need to install the official proprietary drivers.

There seems to be archlinux specific wiki giving somewhat different info…

[HR]

It is bit unorthodox to reach the vkEnumeratePhysicalDevices without Vulkan ICD. Usually vkCreateInstance returns VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER before that…

Try running vulkaninfo instead. It should give more useful message.
If vkEnumeratePhysicalDevices returns error code it might mean some problem with the driver installation. E.g. DRI3 not enabled as the archlinux wiki says.