Human Modelling

Hi,
Anyone know of ny good tutorials/libs for creating human/animal models?
TiA

Also, any info on Blender v1.7 file format?

You wanna modelling persons, animals?
At random, one of the most difficult things in rendering and modeling :slight_smile:
I’ d propose to get ya a 3D Studio or an other POWERFULL (!! for organic models)
modelling tool, wich has the ability to export the models as obj (the simplest format) or as ase, or another ASCII-based format.
If you study the formats a bit, you 'd be able to write a routine to load them by yourself, else:
www.fatech.com/tech/opengl/tutorials.shtml

one of the best pages for your relay, I think. I know there is somewhere in the tut section a 3DS, or obj - Topic. And if you want to have a real smooth look of your organic models, get you some knowledge about normals-averaging :slight_smile:

good luck
HECK

You wanna modelling persons, animals?
At random, one of the most difficult things in rendering and modeling :slight_smile:
I’ d propose to get ya a 3D Studio or an other POWERFULL (!! for organic models)
modelling tool, wich has the ability to export the models as obj (the simplest format) or as ase, or another ASCII-based format.
If you study the formats a bit, you 'd be able to write a routine to load them by yourself, else:
www.fatech.com/tech/opengl/tutorials.shtml

one of the best pages for your relay, I think (TONS of good tuts). I know there is a 3DS, or obj - Topic somewhere in the tuts section. And if you want to have a real smooth look of your organic models, get you some knowledge about normals-averaging

good luck
HECK

Thanks, HECK, but…erm…(cough), I’m not in the financial position to buy 3D$ Max, yet. Blender’s what I’ve got, so that’s what I’ll have to use. Thanx for the fatech link, though: very useful…