How to make a device driver?

Kronos claim that its API can send control data to VR app (HMD data,/VR controller, finger/body tracking)
Like OpenVR can do actually.

But I cannot find any examples on the internet.

"
OK, so that sadly isn’t supported yet. It’s on the roadmap and is called the device plugin for now. Defining a plugin interface for 3rd party devices (input, HMDs etc) on various platforms (not just OSes, but also mobile vs. desktop and VR vs AR) is a complex problem if you want to get it right in version 1. So it had to be delayed from OpenXR 1.0.
I can’t give you an ETA for that feature sadly, but delayed does not mean cancelled
"

Ah, haven’t seen this before.

So, I hope you will not make the same mistake than Valve with their SteamVR, the way how they send control data is horrible, it’s a mess of a lot useless functions.

Their standard isn’t legitimate in any ways.
It’s a shame in the driver development world.

Hope you will not take the same path, there are only two authorities able to create acceptable hardware standard communication at low level: USB Implementers Forum and Microsoft.

Letting this job to others, is like wishing your mouse/keyboard/gamepad/joystick/wheel only works on few app/games

If you have input (no pun intended) about device driver interfaces, I’d encourage joining Khronos so you can contribute.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.