How is a limited finger tracking controller like Index Controller supposed to work?

I haven’t gotten far enough yet to run into any definite limitations myself, although one possibility would be the ability to detect if a player is able to do certain gestures, like extending their index finger to push a button.

For MoCap I want to know during calibration what hardware support is present. If hand tracking is supported by the controller (or HMD) then different motion transfers have to be set up than if the hand tracking is not present or limited.

For regular game situations it would be good to know if the player does not have the required hardware to play the game or certain situations in it. If you need hand interaction and the hand is not able to do so then the player might be stuck and can not proceed. If you know that information you can tell the player.

Now in the game situation you could write this into the product description up ahead but maybe your game has some “extra” sections where you could use the hands. Maybe a bit far fetched but that’s what comes to my mind right now.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.