how can I download the *lib

I am coding in vc.net.
Want to texture a big picture on the 2d QUADS,but it has the confine of the maximum of 1024 pix,it is not enough for me,so i want to download a new gl.lib,glu.lib,glut.lib… where can i get them
thanks

The maximum texture size is OpenGL implementation dependent.
If you think what you need is an implementation which supports bigger sizes, this has nothing to do with the .lib files.
An implementation needs to support a minimum size of 64, so 1024 is plenty enough to be conformant.
If you’re currently using the Microsoft GDI generic software implementation (check glGetString(GL_VENDOR)) and it says 1024 is the maximum size you’re stuck there. There is no other implementation from MS.

If you have a graphics hardware installed in your computer which supports OpenGL in hardware, make sure you select a pixelformat with hardware acceleration.
If it still says 1024 is the maximum texture size this may well be a hardware or memory limit.
You either need to upgrade your system with a newer graphics board or render multiple quads with smaller sized textures, which is the solution to such problems in most cases.

Originally posted by Relic:
[b]The maximum texture size is OpenGL implementation dependent.
If you think what you need is an implementation which supports bigger sizes, this has nothing to do with the .lib files.
An implementation needs to support a minimum size of 64, so 1024 is plenty enough to be conformant.
If you’re currently using the Microsoft GDI generic software implementation (check glGetString(GL_VENDOR)) and it says 1024 is the maximum size you’re stuck there. There is no other implementation from MS.

If you have a graphics hardware installed in your computer which supports OpenGL in hardware, make sure you select a pixelformat with hardware acceleration.
If it still says 1024 is the maximum texture size this may well be a hardware or memory limit.
You either need to upgrade your system with a newer graphics board or render multiple quads with smaller sized textures, which is the solution to such problems in most cases.[/b]
Hi,
I just start a class for graphics and need to get the opengl libraries and header files download. Been to opengl url and to no avail to getting this downloaded. I have Windows XP O/S and C++ visual 6.0. Thanks for your assistant and support. Truly grateful.

needsit, You didn’t look very hard did you? Getting Started FAQ

As for the original question, Relic is absolutely right. It’s up to the individual implementation as to the maximum texture size supported. Either make sure you’re running in hardware or, if you already are, check the value returned from a glGet for the value GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE. Finally, you could check the hardware info page here for information.