how 2 make a fullscreen?

Hi,
so far I am already able to let myself walk within a 3D-world and stuff like that, but I absolutely have no Idea how I create a fullscreen application that supports my 3D acceleration card!

Could someone just tell me the code that makes a blank hardware accelerated screen?

Thank you so much!

On what OS ?

Mikael

You should have a look
nehe.gamedev.net tutorials.
All tutorials include a function that make the window fullscreen.

Oh, I think I better add some more informations… I use WinXP with a GeForce2 MX and a AMD 1200

It does not work that way, openGL hardware accelleration is done through the openGL video drivers install for your card.
You have to get these openGL drivers from the maker of the card, most new 3D video cards have openGL support. But there can be cases that a card does not have hardware support under openGL.

As for programming OpenGL automatically detects hardware support and uses it if there. You can not turn it on or off hardware support.

In some cases not all openGL calls will be done in hardware based on what the video card supports.
What you can do is have openGL check as to what features the hardware supports, by making a call in OpenGl that check what features will be aviable in hardware and what will have to be done in software for that card.

this site is a good place to start learning, be cause there is a lot more to 3D programming then opening a blank screen.

Originally posted by fabianspring:
[b]Hi,
so far I am already able to let myself walk within a 3D-world and stuff like that, but I absolutely have no Idea how I create a fullscreen application that supports my 3D acceleration card!

Could someone just tell me the code that makes a blank hardware accelerated screen?

Thank you so much![/b]

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 03-29-2003).]

For fullscreen I think you have to change desktop resolution then set your gl rendering context. There is no exclusive mode in gl like there’s in d3d which I think has its own share of headaches.