Help with OpenGL for RTCW

Hi I play Return to Castle Wolfenstein for MAC. I play version 1.0. RTCW runs off the Quake III engine.

My game normally plays just fine even though the fram rates could be better. I used to run the game with a ATI Rage 128 Pro video card (AGP). I wanted better frame rates so I decided to update my video card and now I actually get worse performance then before.

The Vid cards I’ve tried so far are the: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO Mac Edition (AGP) and the ATI Radeon 9200 Mac Edition (PCI). I have the same problem with both cards… I’ve run and installed all the available updates from ATI’s own website.

What happends besides the frame rates being substantially low is the image on my monitor is off center. It doesnt seem to matter what resolution I set for the game it just gets pushed down about a inch in one of the corners. This I thought was really odd.

When I boot up the game I noticed this line in the console:

“TESS.XYZ NOT 16 BYTE ALIGNED”

My guess is that this is an issue with the OpenGL not running properly. I readily admit that I’m a total noob to OpenGL but if someone could work with me on this I’d be more grateful. :confused: