Help - OpenGL, SiS 650 and gaming

I have a notebook computer with a SiS 650 integrated graphics card. I have been trying to run a game (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords), but apparently I do not have OpenGL 1.4. Is there anything I can do to make the game run? Thank you!

I don’t think so, you can try to update your graphic driver (trough the chipset drivers)

You can check which version of OpenGL is supported by your chipset with this tool.
http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html

Originally posted by Silkut:
[b]I don’t think so, you can try to update your graphic driver (trough the chipset drivers)
I have already updated the graphics driver in my attempts to run the game, but it still seems old (I believe 2003), though a newer one does not appear to be available.

You can check which version of OpenGL is supported by your chipset with this tool.
http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html [/b]
Thanks!

I did the check and this is the result:

OpenGL 1.1 - 100%
OpenGL 1.2 - 100%
OpenGL 1.3 - 100%
OpenGL 1.4 - 86%
OpenGL 1.5 - 33%
OpenGL 2.0 - 0%

The game requires OpenGL 1.4 to run. My system apparently supports 13/15 OpenGL 1.4 “items” (I do not know the proper term so items will have to do). The two non-supported ones are:

GL_EXT_blend_func_separate
GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap

So is there nothing that can be done about this?

The game is actually checking the ‘GL_VERSION’ ? That’s odd …

Also supporting the extensions is not sufficient, you need also to support the core functions as well and expose GL_VERSION to 1.4

Originally posted by execom_rt:
[b]The game is actually checking the ‘GL_VERSION’ ? That’s odd …

Also supporting the extensions is not sufficient, you need also to support the core functions as well and expose GL_VERSION to 1.4[/b]
Yes, when I do a test the game does check for OpenGL and explicitly states that my computer does not meet the requirement.

I think the problem is movies/intro movies - the initial loading screen does load up, but when the intro movie is supposed to appear, the game reverts back to desktop after a black screen flashes several times. I had the same problem with the original Knights of the Old Republic game, which uses the same engine as this sequel, but the original did work when I disabled movies. The disable movies function, however, does not appear to work in the Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. Not even editing the swkotor2.ini file to disable movies makes a difference - it still does not disable them. I am confident the game would run if I could disable the movies - just like the first one.

No ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.