Help me pleeeeeeeeeeez!!!

Hi, i’m quite beginner at OGL and C++ (yet), and i cannot compile my projects when i’m trying to use texture mapping! I use Borland C++ 5.02, but i’m beginning to hate it, really So, first it told me that i called to undefined function ‘glBindTexture’, and the same with glGenTextures.Then i dl`ed a newer gl.h, and tried again, onyl to have another error msg:unresolved external ‘auxDIBImageLoadA’ referenced from 'C:…blahblah…obj.Then i tried to link my project with glaux, then came the third error msg: glaux.lib contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21
aaaaaaaaargh, pleeeeeez someone out there, help meeeee!

that’s because you can’t use the glaux library with borland…

glaux library is obsolete now… you’ll hafta write your own .bmp .tga loader, or bumm off of someone else…

or you can compile the glaux library for yourself with borland… or try to get it off the net

Navreet

have a shot at running the downloaded glaux.lib throught implib.exe (int the BC5/bin directory)

ie
implib <target> <source>

This may (or may not :} ) fix the OMF problem. This worked for me when trying to use the new (3.7.2) build of GLUT…

Maybe
Nate

Originally posted by D3STro:
Hi, i’m quite beginner at OGL and C++ (yet), and i cannot compile my projects when i’m trying to use texture mapping! I use Borland C++ 5.02, but i’m beginning to hate it, really So, first it told me that i called to undefined function ‘glBindTexture’, and the same with glGenTextures.Then i dl`ed a newer gl.h, and tried again, onyl to have another error msg:unresolved external ‘auxDIBImageLoadA’ referenced from 'C:.…blahblah…obj.Then i tried to link my project with glaux, then came the third error msg: glaux.lib contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21
aaaaaaaaargh, pleeeeeez someone out there, help meeeee!

Thanx for the suggestions, i’ll try 'em out!