Help: Drawing OpenGL to the desktop

Bear in mind that nvidia cards don’t support overlays - ati cards do.

Cause I just started college and I dont know direct x that well and I dont have the time to learn it now, but i know opengl pretty well. But I guese I’ll have to…

I really wouldn’t bother with rendering to the desktop, if I were you - the good thing about milkdrop is WHAT it does, not where it does it. Concentrate on producing something as spectacular as that, rather than the desktop rendering gimmick.

But I wana do it =) Just to say I did it. And i did do it…its just too slow. But i guese I should give up on it, it is prety worthless.

drempels is fun. i’ve changed it now so that my title bar drempels, my fonts drempel as well, and the menus, selections etc. i love that it does not only draw to the desktop… adds much flair to windows with those animated fluid colors…

“Bear in mind that nvidia cards don’t support overlays - ati cards do.” Under OpenGL, do you mean? Because my video player supports and uses overlay surfaces just fine…

Nope, no overlay support with nvidia cards. You’re thinking of hardware mpeg decoding?

knackered, even my Vanta has video overlay support. What are you talking about?