Half Life trouble in OpenGL

I have a new system with a T-Bird 1.4 gig CPU and the new Asus v8200 DLX Geforce 3. I can run Half Life and Counter Strike just fine in openGL but when I hit “esc” to exit the game and go back to the main menu, I get a blank black screen and cursor and the system must then be rebooted. I do not have this trouble while running the game in direct3D. Of course the game looks bad in direct3D so I would love any hints on how to get openGL to be more usable. Thanks in advance!

No answer for ya… Just letting ya know I have a like problem at the loading of the game, it locks up in both opengl and d3. hmmmmm I posted the prob today 11-01-01. I wonder if there is help out there???

Originally posted by Irish_Yackel:
[b]No answer for ya… Just letting ya know I have a like problem at the loading of the game, it locks up in both opengl and d3. hmmmmm I posted the prob today 11-01-01. I wonder if there is help out there???

[/b]

Probably no help out there … because Nvidia sucks. “Best video card” my ass… they can’t even run opengl right… on ANY of their boards (TNT2, GF1, 2, OR 3)! I’ve seen so many posts on nvidia problems that i just LOVE to hate Nvidia!!!

Get a Voodoo… problem solved!

well at least you can run it in direct3d…right now all i can hope for is software mode which sucks big time. i have a hercules kyro 4500 (64mb) and as of right now i can’t run anything in direct3d or opengl because it freezes my computer or just kills the game…i hope that you can find a solution because the outlook for my card is looking bleek(sp).

LHOR:
Kyro II is great card from what i’ve heard.
It runs OpenGL and D3d… better than the GF1 or Radeon DDR… u just probably have old drivers. Their newest drivers are 9.031 … try them!
Also, if it’s not the drivers, It’s probably your general system, not the Kyro… post your system specs… maybe its just a bad mobo or CPU.

villan…no need to bother someone else with my problems becuase i have a mail into tech support with my card. however if you have extra time here are my system specs…thanks

EpoX 8K7A–mother board
AMD-761 processor
4 in 1’s ver. 4.32 chipset drivers
1.33ghz AMD
512Mb DDR
350watt Enermax
Hercules Kyro 64M with latest version.
On Board sound
Maxtor 30 gig ATA 100 7200 RPM
Win98 second ed
8.0a directx ver

I spoke to a Tech. the other day about this problem. He has a like system also and ran into this crisis. He said that it was a simple cmos problem… LOL I do not have the knowledge to figure it out … I just play the damn thing. Just wanted to pass the info.

I’m not that good either to figure out a CMOS problem but if you give maybe some specifics i can pass it on to a friend that could fix it. thanks.

Originally posted by LHOR:
I’m not that good either to figure out a CMOS problem but if you give maybe some specifics i can pass it on to a friend that could fix it. thanks.
I do not have any specifics sorry

Originally posted by Irish_Yackel:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by LHOR:
I do not have any specifics sorry

[/b][/QUOTE]

Thats ok thanks anyway. i’m going to have to get some tech help anyway so maybe if i mention it they will know what i’m talking about.