Half-Life is messed up!

i recently bought half-life and everything was going fine but the resolution was on 640x480 so i changed the confingurations to 800x600 under openGL with defult graphics card. the graphics were great, sharp and the frame rate was high, aobut 50fps. but the other day i was looking under my computers setting about my video ram and other stuff and i also went online to check for a 3d accelerator, so when i was done looking for a 3d card i emptied temp, cookies, history and temporary internet files to save memory. i shut down the computer and then next day when i tried to play half-life it said that my graphics card doesnt support openGL under that resolution, so i changed the resonlution and tried every combonation possialbe and it kept saying the same thing. i think that when i emptied out temp it erased my openGL driver info. but i’ve emptied out temp before and nothing has happened so i just dont know what to do. but that main thing that makes me mad it that i could play it with openGL but all of the sudden it just deosnt work. so someone who can give me a link to download the latest openGL driver for windows 98 please give it to me. and all who can please help me.

What kind of Graphics card do you have?? That would help.

Oh, have you tried installing the drivers again, and see if it helps?? I know I might sound stupid, but you actually didn’t write wether you’ve done that or nor =D

Hope 2 help…

I don’t have any 3d graphic cards and i reinstalled all the graphic drivers, so i have no idea what to do.

Originally posted by Rijuhn:
i recently bought half-life and everything was going fine but the resolution was on 640x480 so i changed the confingurations to 800x600 under openGL with defult graphics card. the graphics were great, sharp and the frame rate was high, aobut 50fps. but the other day i was looking under my computers setting about my video ram and other stuff and i also went online to check for a 3d accelerator, so when i was done looking for a 3d card i emptied temp, cookies, history and temporary internet files to save memory. i shut down the computer and then next day when i tried to play half-life it said that my graphics card doesnt support openGL under that resolution, so i changed the resonlution and tried every combonation possialbe and it kept saying the same thing. i think that when i emptied out temp it erased my openGL driver info. but i’ve emptied out temp before and nothing has happened so i just dont know what to do. but that main thing that makes me mad it that i could play it with openGL but all of the sudden it just deosnt work. so someone who can give me a link to download the latest openGL driver for windows 98 please give it to me. and all who can please help me.

I am having a similar problem. I have not tried any opengl games for about 2 weeks. I just tried three tonight and they all fail or tell me that opengl cannot support the current settings or something like that. Everything else works fine. I have a Creative Labs Annihilator Pro w/32M RAM. The card and the BlasterApp tell me it should be working. I installed several things after Christmas and am wondering if one of them overwrote an OpenGL file or driver. I was going to reinstall the card, but cannot find my CD.

irick158@core.com