GLW_LoadOpenGL() *ERROR cant load games please help I will pay you if you paypal

I own a Compaq Armada 110 Laptop.
only upgrades are 256 memory, the rest is stock.
the error that i am getting is an initialization error that says that it “could not load OpenGL subsystem”
i dont know what to do but it is preventing me from playing games like soldier or fortune or wolfenstein.
please email me or post a response to this message. it has gotten to the point to where if someone can help me to get these games to work i will pay you $10 through paypal or some other form of payment i just really want this to get working.
thanks

mattjlegg49er@yahoo.com

also, i am running windows 2000 operating system if that helps.
thanks

I have a similar problem. I cant play Soldier or Jedi Knight II. See below

Originally posted by mattjlegg49er:
[b]I own a Compaq Armada 110 Laptop.
only upgrades are 256 memory, the rest is stock.
the error that i am getting is an initialization error that says that it “could not load OpenGL subsystem”
i dont know what to do but it is preventing me from playing games like soldier or fortune or wolfenstein.
please email me or post a response to this message. it has gotten to the point to where if someone can help me to get these games to work i will pay you $10 through paypal or some other form of payment i just really want this to get working.
thanks

mattjlegg49er@yahoo.com[/b]

Hey Folks

I’m very close to throwing in the towle and rebuilding

This is what i’m Getting

GLW_StartOpenGL( ) - Could not load OpenGL subsystem

I have been getting this error for a while but normaly if i try about 3 time to start the game it would finaly start. Now even with a reboot it still failes.

It has worked very well in the passed.

I also tried deleting the win.ini file but no luck.

WHat i have dune so far.

1. reinstalled video drivers
  2. reinstalled Direct X 8.1 and 8.1b
  3. reinstall EF both cd and patch
  4. ran DirectX util (All is well)

Still no luck

System

1. Windows 2000 adv ser
  2. GeForce 128 Mg card
  3. Duol Zxon 1.8 processer
  4. Mem 500 mg

The last thing i what to do is rebiuld this box! It well take about 2 months to get it back to where it is know

What go you think???

I had that probelm only once…

I restarted the computer and it was fine…I know I had it easy, bt maybe it is your guys hardware configurtation conflicting with new games and their driver support.

I currently run:

Windows XP Pro
P4 1.8A w/ 512 cache
256 MB PC2700 (333) DDR
Gainward Geforce 3 64MB

I also run all the newest drivers I can get…like I said it happened once due to the UT2003 demo I think that cause a conflict at one time. But other than that it never happened since. It was almost liek a hickup with the new games then went away!

i have windows 2000 pro and an ati rage… nothing has worked so far… dose this mean i need a new graphics card or is there another way?

You may want to look at this thread…
Similar issue on 95/98/ME

I don’t know if it will help… but I hope so!

And as far as payment…
Enjoy your OpenGL games… that is payment enough for me.
that and pass on the solution (If it works) to anyone else that may ask !

Sorry… guess I should have read ALL the posts…

I will look into this on some other systems I have available running Win 2000 (I have some other OS available as well…)
I will advise as I am able.
Peace!