glutFullScreen() won't work

I’d like my code to produce a fullscreen window, with no decorations. However my window manager is not motif, so this command produces a fullscreen window, but with decorations. Is there any way I can get proper fullscreen? My code uses OpenGl, glut and Inventor. I’d prefer a method independent of window manager if possible, but otherwise one that works with mwm, windowmaker, KdE, fvwm2, twm, failsafe, or anything downloadable for free. Thanks very much!

As far as I know does not GLUT has any Motif code so that should not matter. Have you tried glutGameMode?

Hi,

If you need one fullscreen window, use GameMode, workes well under linux as well as windoze…

i recall using an old version of the glut that did not have glutFullScreen working correctly, i would try gettting a new version of the glut, but to make sure check the revision comments of some newer versions of the glut to see if this has been addressed.

Games Mode works, thanks very much for the help

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.